IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

Hi Guys, I've been following this thread and decided to try out Euphony. I downloaded the trial and installed it on a spare PC. It sounded really good so I decided to get a 7i7DNFE and I purchased a Euphony license. So, on my first install attempt for the new NUC I downloaded Euphony trial and the write to USB failed at around 80%.  I tried again on the same stick and it failed again. The installer actually killed my Sandisk  USB stick(now it's read only) so I had to use another stick - same thing - another dead stick. Finally it worked on the 3rd stick. What I didn't realize is that when the Euphony install program failed and I tried again it was actually writing to my internal drives!!! While I was trying to download Euphony I decided to turn on my NAS and 20TB ESata box(attached to Win10 machine used to download Euphony) to copy some music to the NAS. I then realized my 1TB internal got repartitioned with 4 Linux partitions - I guess on the 2nd or 3rd download/write attempt failure the install program grabbed my ESATA storage and killed it. Unfortunately I was using Win10 software RAID0  -drive #3 of a total of four drives got Linux partitioned rendering the array useless. The Euphony install program only showed my Sandisk USB stick during the write - it NEVER showed the other mentioned drives but it sure did a number on them. Fortunately I had the majority of 35000 albums backed up but lost about 5000... and dozens of hours of recovery. Euphony support wasn't much help with this and said it was impossible that it happened using their installer... 

So today as my library was slowly restoring I decided to try the NUC wired vs wireless. I had it set to wireless for about a day and it worked great. Today I tried wired and then tried going back to wireless. Well when I went wireless Euphony all of the sudden showed that it was unregistered/over trial and showed someone else's info that lives in China. What??? I was super frustrated at this point. I write to Euphony about the issue and am told I need to choose what I want for my already paid for license - wired or wireless. I was totally unaware I would have to make a choice. Has this come up for anyone else?? Why would I need to chose an unsupported option when I paid $300. Makes no sense to me. Any advice or suggestions?

Thanks

Tony

15 hours ago, davide256 said:

Euphony is licensed by email address and hardware fingerprint. Apparently you purchased your license with wireless disabled ( as I did) and enabling wifi afterwards changed

your hardware fingerprint(new  mobo HW found). You should be able to change your license to the newer fingerprint with both ethernet and wifi enabled. if not thats their

registration defect and we may all need to pitch in on a dissatisfied  owner support ticket campaign...

So, what I figured out was that the unregistered problem started after I disabled the NUC ethernet. When I first tried wireless I still had the ethernet port enabled. Once I enabled it the unregistered went away and wireless worked but now it will not update my Roon library. Roon sees my NAS but newly added music doesn't get added even with a forced rescan. Right now I have it hooked up via ethernet and the library is updating slowly but Qobuz keeps saying I have no network connection. Everytime I turn on or restart Euphony I have to wait 5 min. for Roon to connect. I never had these problems just running Roon on my I7 6700k desktop. I feel like throwing it all out the window and going for a bike ride. Still no idea from Euphony as to why my library got written with lInux partitions or why Roon wireless will not update my Roon library.  Unfortunately I don’t think this is going to work for me. The program sounds good but I don’t need any more grey hairs and have only that and about 6000 missing albums to show for it. I’ve been at computer audio since early on and never experienced this situation. I’m deleting the program and asking for refund. The trial worked OK but everything went downhill after the purchase....

• 9 months later...

Updated to the latest version and Roon sits forever displaying "The new version of Roon you installed requires a database update - this may take longer than usual" - it's been doing this for over an hour. I always get this message when I update Euphony but it usually only takes 10 minutes or so. I do have a large library (400000 songs) but it has never taken this long. Is anyone else experiencing this? I rebooted my Nuc but no difference. Tech support says they "don't know about Roon db update" and  to Roon support LOL. I also noticed that if I open Euphony in a web browser (Win10 Chrome, Edge etc. or IOS) if I go to settings or Audio systems it snaps back to the "Selected Audio System is: roonserver." page within just few a seconds. It worked perfectly fine in the previous 20200430 version.

Thx

Tony

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, ASRMichael said:

What core isolation are you using? You only see gstp if using Stylus. If using HQP  you shouldn’t use any core isolation. As HQP has it on own. 

I’m not using any. I just wanted to see what processes are running and noticed no gtsp. I use Room 99% of the time. I set the audio system to Stylus, rebooted and still didn’t see gtsp.

thanks

• 7 months later...

I was hoping someone could help me out. My plan was to replace my m.2 drive in my Euphony server - so yesterday I replaced the drive, installed Stylus from USB and sent the new hardware fingerprint to Euphony support - they sent a new registration key within just a few minutes. The only thing is I forgot to do a Roon backup so my 3500+ favorites and multiple playlists are gone. I wrote back to Support and asked if they could send me a reg key for my old config with the original m.2 (haven't heard back yet). What I'm wondering is if there is anyway to get the Roon database files off the original m.2 and maybe copy to the new m.2? I'm able to use the original m.2 but Euphony shows unregistered and it kills Roon within just a few minutes so a Roon backup is impossible. Any ideas while I wait for Support? Any help or suggestion would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Tony

• 5 months later...
15 hours ago, davide256 said:

try imaging a different USB stick with a fresh download. I've had corrupted boot images before at first boot.

So, I tried a different stick and used Etcher instead of Win32diskimager - formatted the card first using SD card formatter. It's doing the same ;( Guess I will need to wait for a newer beta.

Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...