IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

Hi,

I'm testing Euphony OS and I have some questions:

- It's possible to use Sotm 200 as renderer with Euphony? In my case the Euphony detects the Sotm 200 as upnp device but when I play a music appears multiple times  a message saying something like "Buffering...Waiting for music to be download" and music don't play. With my Roksan K3 dac connected directly to Euphony it works perfectly.

- There is another way to control Euphony, other than Euphony Stylus app or Roon? I don't have Roon and Euphony Stylus app is web based and it's a little slow;

I'm running Euphony in a Macbook Pro(2,2Ghz i7, 16Gb Ram) booted from a USB drive.

Thanks in advance.

38 minutes ago, Holzohr said:

Let me guess. That happens when you play music from Tidal (or Qobuz)? Between the songs? In this case the behaviour is "normal". I didn't like it either. I have tested the UPnP feature with JPLAY femto.

I fear without Roon or HQPlayer embedded you can use the SoTM 200 as UPnP-renderer only (not sure about this MPD-thing). With music from your hard disk/NAS the UPnP option makes more sense (imho). The Euphony app is pretty fast here. I have installed Euphony on a Optane stick.

Yes, it happens while streaming from Tidal. But the main problem is that I'm unable to play any song through SoTM 200 even if I wait several minutes. It only appears multiple "Buffering" messages. Maybe I have to change MPD settings in the SoTM to minimize the problem, I don't know!

The problem with Euphony Stylus app speed maybe related to my old iPad mini. But I don't really like the user experience of the Euphony Stylus, for me it is way better search/select songs/albums/artists/favourites in apps like Lumin, Linn Kazzo or BubbleUPnP.

21 hours ago, Holzohr said:

I see. It wasn't that bad here. Do you have any other UPnP renderer?

I use the Stylus player now and then only. For the daily use I prefer Roon.

No, the SoTM is the only one that I have.

I tried with a really old HP PC and although the performance is not as good as my mac, It is better than streaming Tidal from Lumin app using OpenHome "Room" to SoTM 200.

I will do more tests but probably I will buy a NUC and run it directly to the Dac. For now it was to be an entry level one.

Will an entry level i3 NUC work well with Euphony? Do you have any recommendations on a NUC + SSD + RAM configuration(max 500€) that will run Euphony well?

Can I use Euphony license in multiple machines? I don't pretend to use at same time, but if in the future I upgrade my machine I will be able to use the same license?

I have installed Euphony on a pen, and use to boot it in a macbook pro. Suddenly Euphony stop working, when I try to boot it, Euphony doesn't boot properly and the message in the attached image appears.

I already try to format the USB pen drive in many ways, both in Mac and Windows, but no luck(see attached images).

Can someone help me?

image0.jpeg

usb.png

error_message.png

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I will make a fanless NUS to run Euphony Stylus with Tidal. I'm thinking of buy:

- NUC: NUC8i3BEH or NUC8i5BEH

- Disk: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 250 GB NVMe M.2 Internal SSD

- Case: Akasa Turing

This seems good? Or do you have any other recommendation? What RAM(amount and model) do you recommend?

Thank you in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I purchase a NUC8i5BEH, 1x16GB DDR4 2400mhz memory and and Optane 16GB. The goal is to use Euphony Player to stream Tidal to my Roksan K3 Dac.

Right now I'm on Euphony Trial and I have some doubts:

- I can't install Euphony in my Optane stick, is this because I'm on Euphony Trial? I have to purchase full version to install it in Optane? Or the problem is another? Note that on BIOS update isn't recognize as a Bootable drive, I don't know if it is normal, because it's the first time that I'm using an Optane stick.

- Euphony only recognizes 8GB of memory, but when I go to BIOS it says 16GB. I only have 1 stick of 16GB, it is some kind of bug in Euphony? Somebody with the same problem?

- I'm using my Mac to access Euphony through Chrome browser and "Euphony web app" is draining my battery like crazy. With a tab with "Euphony web app" open the "Activity Monitor" show Google Chrome process consuming lots of CPU as you can see in the attached picture. Somebody with the same problem?

I'm in the last build of Euphony with every update applied.

Thank you in advance.

1 hour ago, davide256 said:

1) Euphony image is 8 gb.. you would need to take additional steps within Euphony to expand the music partition to include any extra unused available partition space on a USB drive 2) you have to enable the optane memory in NUC bios as SSD in the SATA controller screen 3) once you have the M.2 drive visible in BIOS you can use the Euphony system transfer option to copy to the Optane drive, it will use all available space when you do a system transfer

I don't understand what do you mean in step 1).

Euphony detects my Optane drive, at least it appears in "Internal Storage" section, I can locate is an Option to copy/transfer my installation to Optane.

I'm using a 32gb USB to boot Euphony, maybe the problem could be that my USB stick has more GBs than my Optane, and Euphony hides the option to copy/transfer because it can't copy the full structure?!

Thank you @davide256