IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

• 3 weeks later...

Hello
I like Stylus because I like the sound very much. Actually I listen with Roon. But now I want to get to know Stylus better and I have some questions about how to use it.
It would be nice if you could help me.
How do I assign tags to songs and how do I create playlists and assign playlists to songs?
Does it matter whether I select in the setting that the music is loaded 100% into the memory or whether I select the function 
"Buffer queue to Ram " ?

Thanks for your help

Joerg

On 1/24/2021 at 9:53 PM, biosailor said:

I find that Euphony manual pretty awkward, and I'd appreciate too if the community here would help beginners by communicating their experience they gained by setting it up.

I myself had a hard time to get things going and for the moment I am using it for running Roon. That's the simplest setup, at least for me.

Here's just a bit of what I gained to answer your questions:

Assigning tags can be done in the album info. If memory serves me well, an album has three dots in the upper right corner. If you click on them, you get to the album info. In the album info you can change tags the way you like by clicking on the editing menu. See also my post from Saturday 23rd Jan.

I checked 100% buffering of music in the settings menu, but I haven't used Buffer queue to Ram (and I probably won't).

The people at Euphony Audio are very responsive, so you can also contact them, or open a ticket should you run into problems.

I keep my fingers crossed!

Thank you very much for your help. I can now add songs to a playlist. And I don't think it makes a big difference if I choose the " 100 % buffering" or if I choose the 
"Buffer queue to Ram".
I like Stylus, it sounds better than Roon+ SylusEP. If you know Roon, the change to Stylus is unfamiliar in terms of operation. But after a few days it works better and is fun.
Unfortunately, I can't activate ramroot because I only have 4 GB of RAM. Support configured it for me, but I didn't like it that much. I know that others are satisfied with it.
Should I try the expert mode, or better not?

Many greetings
Jörg

45 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

I’m trying Euphony since few days .... the sound is really good but ...

the library management is the worst I’ve ever found (compared to Audirvana and JRiver) and, the most important bug (anyone realized?), there is no gapless at all using HQPlayer .... this is unbelievable .... here end my trial ....

Hi there
I have also used Roon so far because of the ease of use. And I've been using the stylus for a week, if you spend a little longer on it, it gets better.
I just didn't manage to use Hqplayer under the stylus.
The symbol is shown in the display on the desktop, there is also no error message but there is no music.
You can always test the Hqplayer for 30 minutes.

Many greetings
Jörg

Hello,
my streamer has only  4 GB of ram. 8 GB is recommended for Ramroot. Euphony Support has discontinued Ramroot. I didn't like the sound that much. Very detailed but a bit thin and less bass.
Has anyone else tried Ramroot with 4 GB of Ram too?
Can someone explain the expert attitude?

Thank you
Jörg

37 minutes ago, RickyV said:

what’s the massage? How many songs are you putting in your playlist?

Are streaming Tidal?

Initially I thought it did because it draws less current but now my power supply is good enough it has changed, maybe just speculating.  I just recently switched to 8GB Apacer ram and that is much better. 

That is the error message. Željko then activated it for me. I don't know how he did it. The setting is gone after every update. I use Tidal, Qobuz and my music from the NAS. I didn't set the number of songs in the playlist.

Jörg

Screenshot-Ramroot .jpg

35 minutes ago, TheAttorney said:

Ramroot with 4GB RAM only uses 39% of the RAM, so plenty of space for a handful of redbook FLAC albums to also be buffered to play queue. I don't know what you mean by "set the number of songs in the playlist", but there is no need to enter anything into the "Buffering RAM (GB)" field. Let Stylus sort it out automatically, so it will allow you to keep adding tracks to the play queue, but it will stop buffering them (if you've chosen the buffer option) as RAM nears it's limit.

I did get that error message a long time ago, which caused Željko to adjust the RAM-limit check to cater for 4GB, but I've not had that error for several Euphony/Stylus updates now.

I think your issue may be that you are trying to Enable ramroot when there are items in the playlist, so Stylus has less free RAM available to it at the point of checking the limit. Try clearing the playlist, then enable ramroot. Once ramroot is enabled, you can then add as many tracks as you like to the playlist, as above.

Regarding 4GB vs 8GB SQ, the more important question is whether your are using a better sounding RAM. And the better sounding Apacer RAM is currently not readily available in 4GB, as per the recent posts in the last page or two of this thread.

Thanks for the help.
I deleted the queue, but I still get the error message. I did a reboot. But the error message always comes up. I also disabled "buffer before playing".

Jörg

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Johnseye said:

Does anyone have difficulty with Stylus either not playing song after song consecutively in the queue or just have a general difficulty playing songs at all?

I use Stylus with HQP Embedded.  I buffer each song 100%.  I almost never get a consistent listening experience.  Always struggling to get songs to play.  Not sure if it's Stylus, HQP or both.

Hi,
it may be because of the Hqplayer. It needs a lot of computing power. I had dropouts. Without a Hqplayer, the music plays immediately. Temp / CPU then shows a red bar.

Jörg

10 minutes ago, al2813 said:

Hi, I am still on version 108 (which was the first version I really installed as I purchased Stylus in January). Is it worth reverting to 102 as well? I have fired up the support site to submit a ticket but thought I'd ask here first :-) 

The 108 sounds very good, there is no need to switch to 102. It wasn't until 116 that the sound became slimmer.

Jörg

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

Differences in sound between streaming from Qobuz and music from the NAS?

I've never heard any differences with Roon, with Stylus the differences are clear. Is it because the music is not loaded into the RAM when streaming? Or can stylus show the differences better?

Jörg

Hello,
Thanks for the information. Isn't it the same whether the songs are loaded or buffered in the RAM?
Both the NAS and the internet go through an audiophile switch. No difference here either. Still, the same album sounds better from the NAS.
Is it the same with you too?

Jörg