IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

14 minutes ago, austinpop said:

I don’t disagree. If there is an alternative to the SR7 with equal or better SQ and better availability, I want to know about it.

The tricky part to know whether there is an equal or better than DR SR7 power supply available with better lead time is for someone having or access to a DR SR7 to do a comparison, which makes this piece of knowledge quite challenging.  I hope to receive a new custom build dual rail 12V supply soon with top tier components and designs, but without access to a DR SR7, it won't be easy to know if this supply can be an alternate unit.

• 8 months later...
21 minutes ago, Blake said:

Thanks Bob, much appreciated. Good point, the Summus may have some additional tweaks/improvements.  I would probably just go with the Summus given the price delta between the Summus vs. DIY.

Unless Summus using a modified motherboard or having some special upgrades elsewhere, just from the cost point of view, DIY will be lower.  The $2,500 purchase price likely will only have the typical SMPS, to upgrade to LPS, the ~$500 will still need to be added.