IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

Guys, I hope this is an appropriate place to ask this question...

I decided to play with Euphony tonight after hearing so many good things about it. I downloaded the image, downloaded Etcher, made the bootable disk image, rebooted the machine... Everything seemed to be going well until it stopped at a screen that said, nothing else needs to be done on this screen, and underneath that was a prompt for a login.

I tried this on a 2011 Mac mini 

No electron left behind.

20 minutes ago, Dev said:

Yes, there is nothing to be done on the console. If the Mac mini is connected to the network, you can open a web browser from another PC or laptop and type http://euphony.local to get into the web gui.

Yes, I know.  The picture below is the screen I was at... The problem appears to be the machine, when booted from the Euphony USB has problems remaining connected to the network even though it is hardwired. I rebooted it all and it was then able to be discovered on the local network...  Signing into Roon though continued to give network errors...

I booted it back into Mac OS and Roon Server and HQPlayer are working fine, which is what I want all along.

IMG_4714 2.jpeg

No electron left behind.

Just now, austinpop said:

It's been a while since I did this, but I recall on first boot from a USB stick, it can take several minutes for the system to fully configure. In fact, it says on that screenshot to wait 4-6 minutes. I'd give it another shot and let the system be for a spell. When the system is fully configured, you'll also see the IP address of the system displayed in a light blue (cyan?) font above the login prompt. 

After that, it should be fully functional. Subsequent boots won't incur this delay.

Yep, you're right, another boot did it. But I was never able to get music to output. It kept giving me network errors, HQPlayer errors, and I was unable to sign into Roon Core with the username and password I know was right because I copy and pasted it from 1password, unless I need a NEW password for the Euphony device?

No electron left behind.

9 minutes ago, austinpop said:

What "audio system" are you starting on the Euhony web UI? I'd start with just Roon core just to get that path working. I'm not an HQPlayer user, so others will have to advise on that. Once you start Roon core, go to the Settings and make sure your DAC is visible, and use the pull down to ensure all the usual settings you use (in my case, for example, DoP, fixed volume) are correct.

As for Roon, not sure why you're having login issues, I've not had any trouble there.

If problems persist, open a support ticket. Željko is very responsive. Keep in mind he's in the Central European timezone, as he's located in Croatia.

Thank you for your suggestions. Right now, I am going to try again tomorrow.

No electron left behind.

• 2 months later...

Can Euphony run on a server, using internal SSDs for the music storage, and play using Roon and HQPlayer to a Sonore Optical Rendu SE? And, would I control playback as I do now, with either my MacBook Pro or an iPad and the Roon control app?

No electron left behind.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
11 hours ago, ASRMichael said:

type into your browser 192.168.1.10:8089 (replace IP with your device IP. It will take you to HQPlayer settings page. Same settings as desktop version.

User and password is euphony, euphony

I do all my settings here, and ignore euphony HQplayer settings. Once you update settings in HQplayer browser restart audio service and it will update Euphony HQplayer settings. 

I also update my license on HQplayer settings in browser, not using Euphony page settings

Awesome, thanks.

No electron left behind.

10 hours ago, ASRMichael said:

Is Qobuz not working now in Euphony?

What?

I cant find a way to listen to Qobuz without using Roon. Is there another way?

Is there a manual someplace that lays out how to do stuff? That would be incredibly convenient.

edit: Google helped. I swear I had tapped on “My Music” before and nothing happened. 

but now...

001BD8B9-328D-46D6-A584-2A6F3025AC95.jpeg

No electron left behind.

On 11/11/2020 at 12:57 PM, bos3812 said:

I've a question for those who run Euphony in combination with Roon and Tidal. Has any of you playing music with one of the Roon possibilities (core, hqplayer, StylusEP, squeezelite) and got the error "this track is not currently available in Tidal"? This error is a very common topic on the Roon forums and a problem which is never fixed. I've approached Roon support but they point to Euphony or my network as cause of the error. I tried a lot to get rid of this problem but to no succes. Maybe someone has experience with this problem and can help me. I get this error 10 to 20 times a day when I want to play a song or album. When I play a whole album Roon skips the first song and play's the second song. A second or third attempt is mostly succesfull. It is an annoying error and the only way to play music without this error is play music with Stylus alone.

I have had Roon do that on every platform and OS I have tried it on. It’s definitely a Roon issue despite their attempts to shift blame. 

No electron left behind.

11 hours ago, bos3812 said:

Hi AudioDoctor, thanks for your answer. I am still analyzing where to find the cause. Yesterday evening I listened music very late and to my surprise I had not any error. Do you still have this problem or did you unsubscribe to Roon?

I have a lifetime license to Roon, so I will probably be using it for a very long time. I have no idea what the cause is, and it may even be down to some vagaries of the world wide web for all I know. All I know is I have the exact same problem occasionally across all platforms.

No electron left behind.

32 minutes ago, bobfa said:

I have seen this happen, rarely.  I would suggest that you also look at the DNS servers setup in your Router.  I would suggest that you NOT use the ones supplied by your iSP.

You might try using this :  https://www.grc.com/dns/benchmark.htm

I am using AdGuard DNS servers for network wide protection against things kids dont need to see, ads, etc... and I still have this problem.

No electron left behind.

20 minutes ago, davide256 said:

The Stylus buffer feature isn't used with Qobuz. Given that HQPlayer has inherent delay before start of play with even local content, does it even matter

if it supported gapless?

Roon preloads the next song, even when using HQPlayer, the only delay is at the very beginning. It plays gapless.

Stylus downloads one song entirely, then plays it, then stops to download the next song, etc...

No electron left behind.

Ok. Here’s a head scratcher. 

I swear I did nothing. However. Euphony and the HQPlayer Embedded control page are disagreeing on the output bit rate. I am using Stylus w HQPlayer. It gets weirder. It only happens on local files. When I play Qobuz it displays fine. 

E4F4CC55-6D0D-4232-BD04-D52067C74723.jpeg

D63CFD28-5263-41FE-A837-2AE722153020.jpeg

29DD21E9-D688-4D53-886E-2BF850CAA553.jpeg

87A454FC-2B73-4D6C-9276-0C63FB25745B.jpeg

No electron left behind.