IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

On 2/16/2020 at 4:18 PM, jos said:

I have to say: after a few days I enjoy my music system much more with the ‘Sonarworks correction settings’ integrated into Audirvana. It is just much more balanced/structured than before. I think it’s an even better investment than the integration of the EtherREGEN in my system for about half the price, although that was a very fine addition too (and a different one of course). I will make one more additional (final) measurement with Sonarworks with my low Frequency Compensation knob on the left side also set to Boundary, and perhaps a change to my Tweeter Level settings too. Conclusion: it’s  a worthwhile investment in most cases, I think! 😊

I finished my Sonarworks project with a third measurement. The outcome is a tiny different and just a little bit better than the second one. I’m quite happy with the results using them in Audirvana. Don’t hesitate to buy it, it’s joy to use 😇

Hi Damien, using Sonarworks in Audirvana works fine, but the pictures in Audirvana and in the Sonarworks app 'Reference 4 Systemwide' are somewhat different. I guess Audirvana is based on an older version of Sonarworks. In the first picture you see what Audirvana shows and in the second picture the app 'Reference 4 Systemwide'. Is it possible to show the same?

1056115694_Schermafbeelding2020-02-26om20_57_08.thumb.png.2c8e0311c4a16ea9c4306ca7d8d35fbc.png

517548968_Schermafbeelding2020-02-26om20_59_28.thumb.png.fb2a7869440e07930f1360741c3e49b1.png

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, John_Foxx_Fan said:

Thanks.

I have a licence for up to v1.4.x.  Do you know if my licence will cover v1.5?  Also, where do I download past releases for Mac?

You can only upgrade to the latest version, and yes, try it, you will not regret it.

On 3/12/2020 at 6:00 AM, eenecho said:

Yes. This seems to apply (mostly) to new additions to the library 

Also, when you make changes to an album name, for instance in Apple Music, the old entries are still there but not working anymore. I guess Damien is working on this, but it seems to be quite difficult to solve.

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, damien78 said:

This looks like the TIDAL authorization data are not stored correctly in your library database, and thus not restored correctly upon next startup.

Maybe this one is damaged? Can you check its integrity using the command in the Maintenance section of the preferences page?

🥳🥳 Damien is back, so party 🥳 🥳 time. Hopefully he will answer the other questions too 🙏 Thanks 😊 in advance!

• 1 month later...

Perhaps I did not have seen it before, or just overlooked it, but the option 'Deleted Tracks' is in the settings menu.

Can someone tell me the meaning of this function? Can I delete all the files in it without any risk?

Perhaps this is the way to remove double entries.

14 minutes ago, RunHomeSlow said:

I would suggest never delete a song in audirvana... it will go there in deleted songs... you can restore it after.

always remove the song from your music folder yourself and make a trash folder outside of it if you are not sure keeping it.

my experience, youll have less bugs 😀

for the double you talk, they are not real doubles... if you look at the path they are, ain’t one have .trashe/ in front of the beginning of path and dont play the other double is the good one and play, yes?

Thanks for the quick response! You are right, so normally I do all my database tasks in Apple Music and not in Audirvana. Apple Music will then physically manage the music folder on my NAS. Audirvana is just reading this folder for playback purposes. I will look into what you write in the second part of your answer, but first I have te make my Corona Run, because its late here an no one in the streets.

3 hours ago, bnbayer said:

That is correct. He's showing you how iTunes will create duplicates of your music files. If those two checkmarks are selected, iTunes will make a copy of your file in its own media folder, while leaving the original file wherever it was.

Both options are 'ON' in my situation and that is working fine, but I did had a lot of double entries in iTunes. I could notice that in the past with Song Sergeant, a fine working cleanup tool. Song Sergeant was suggesting to delete te double entries, but I never did that because there was only 1 physical file in the media folder (and not two). Unfortunately Song Sergeant does not work with Apple Music, so I am looking for an alternative, but perhaps I should abandon Apple Music. Audirvana isn't perfect too, so lets wait and see...However, it's a pity that there is still na Audirvana manual. 

On 4/29/2020 at 11:16 PM, Jud said:

Apple Music, formerly iTunes, has its own ideas about how to organize your music. Back when I was using it, I would wind up with half a Beatles album under The Beatles, and half in the Compilations folder - and these were original Beatles albums, not greatest hits or collections of any kind. I organize my own music now, very simply, alphabetically by artist name (though some classical is by composer name), and I'm quite happy.

True, but ITunes, Apple Music now, has been improved over the years. However, It's still far from perfect, but I didn’t find anything better yet. My preference is to move to Audirvana one day, but I’m so used to Apple Music and Audirvana is still not perfect too. So, I hope, Audirvana, version 4, will be the ultimate player for me. If possible with Internet Radio. But let’s start with a decent manual...

1 hour ago, matthias said:

Any impressions regarding SQ of version 3.5.34 vs. 3.5.33 ?

Thanks

Matt

No difference in my opinion. Only in major updates I can note a change, not in the minor ones. 

This is what Damien wrote on his support site...; any experience out there already?

I certainly want to do the hard work to solve this and want to thank Damien for making it possible.

I guess it was not an easy job 🛠

Hello Everyone,

In the last release of Audirvana (3.5.34) we made a fix about those duplicates.

First, you have to delete your Audirvana database to create a new one because the old database will still have the incorrect link stored. That said you will have to export your playlist in order to not loose them, I know It will be long for some of you but we don’t have a choice.

To delete your Audirvana database you need close Audirvana and search it in the Finder:

1.  Open its Go menu

2.  Pressing the option (or alt) key, and maintain it pressed. This reveals the Library command in this Go menu. 

3.  Click on this Library command

4.  In the Finder window that opens, navigate into Application Support, then Audirvana

5.  You’ll find there the file AudirvanaPlusDatabaseV2.sqlite

After delete it you will have to create a new one after starting Audirvana again. You then need to add synchronized folder in Audirvana settings.

In the end you will not have duplicates and if it’s the case again, feel free to share it on the forum.

7 hours ago, jos said:

This is what Damien wrote on his support site...; any experience out there already?

I certainly want to do the hard work to solve this and want to thank Damien for making it possible.

I guess it was not an easy job 🛠

Hello Everyone,

In the last release of Audirvana (3.5.34) we made a fix about those duplicates.

First, you have to delete your Audirvana database to create a new one because the old database will still have the incorrect link stored. That said you will have to export your playlist in order to not loose them, I know It will be long for some of you but we don’t have a choice.

To delete your Audirvana database you need close Audirvana and search it in the Finder:

Open its Go menu

Pressing the option (or alt) key, and maintain it pressed. This reveals the Library command in this Go menu. 

Click on this Library command

In the Finder window that opens, navigate into Application Support, then Audirvana

You’ll find there the file AudirvanaPlusDatabaseV2.sqlite

After delete it you will have to create a new one after starting Audirvana again. You then need to add synchronized folder in Audirvana settings.

In the end you will not have duplicates and if it’s the case again, feel free to share it on the forum.

I did the hard work already and everything is working fine now. So far, so good!

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/28/2020 at 5:42 PM, jcpom said:

oops! spoke too soon. dupes again. damn.

I can see them again too, after deleting/changing some Kate Bush albums in Apple Music (so, I spoke too soon too), but I can delete them in Audirvana without any harm. I know I deleted them for sure with Apple Music, including the files. So I could not play them with Audirvana hitting the play buttom. It's seems to me that the cleanup functionality is not working good enough. You could say there is some improvement, but not enough yet. Let see what Damien can do...

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/26/2020 at 5:12 PM, jimdukey said:

No luck with the fix for Duplicate  Music Files.

Nothing terrible, but several Dupes.

I did have had this problem too in my situation, where I use Apple Music as my music-database tool. Recently I did take a look in the map where the Apple Music files resides, and I noticed that Apple Music is not always deleting files you remove/delete, so Audirvana is reading this map and of course he finds those music files you don't want. I deleted them manually and then they where gone in Audirvana. Perhaps this solution will not solve every dupe, but it certainly did help me to clean up.

On 7/2/2020 at 3:10 PM, Jud said:

I'm probably one of a minority who thinks this, but the Audirvana UI is nice and simple for me, while when I tried out Roon the extra things it brought to the table weren't things I ordinarily use or need. The extra information that is part of Roon's reason for being tends to be stuff I already know about the albums I own and their artists/players; I tend not to use searches to find what I want to play, just put everything in alphabetical order and I'm good.

I totally agree, and then: if you compare price and sound quality; Audirvana is the the obvious winner IMHO.

5 hours ago, Mike Rubin said:

I may be way off the mark in your case, but here’s my experience with the Windows version:  I had dupes, too, because my NAS share has a #recycle folder and it set up Audirvana to scan the music share.  As I could not disable subfolders within a folder selected for scanning, I stopped scanning the share folder in Audirvana and, instead, had it scan my 17 individual music subfolders.  Pain in the ass to set up, but no dupes now.

Does Apple Music save those deleted files to a separate "save” directory? If so, maybe there’s a way to set up the scan that avoids that directory.

Hi Mike, Apple Music does not have a separate map for deleted files. It should delete the files permanently and mostly that is happening, but not always as I find out.

8 hours ago, RunHomeSlow said:

If you want less things to worry about, never tell iTunes or Music (now on Catalina) where is your music folder... just use Audirvana 1st method: monitored folder. Tags your files like you want, save your .sqlite library file often, and be free 😀

I am not sure 🤔 yet, I will wait for version 4 before I make that decision. I’m also waiting for a decent manual with ideas 💡 how to build the best music library. And finally, Pure Music (Channel D) promised to come out with a new version I want to try in combination with Apple Music. So, no freedom yet. 🥴