IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

Am struggling with the new remote app on my iPad.  Doesn’t recognize my Qobuz favorites at all.  (Nor did it ask me if I wanted an upgrade).

it shows the grand selection and press awards, but the rest of categories under new releases just spin eternally.

the categories under playlists all load stuff (but labels are pretty much unreadable).

it all strikes me as rather half-baked and not ready for prime time.  Even navigation of local music on my network is far from intuitive.

Forgive me if I have not set something up correctly, and if there are posts elsewhere I haven’t poured over.

Most importantly: why aren’t my Qobuz favorites showing?

thanks.

13 hours ago, damien78 said:

Be sure to have the latest Audirvana 3.5 running (e.g. 3.5.24 on the Mac).

And all favorites are in the Favorites section (button in the tab bar at the bottom), including Qobuz ones.

I do.  I'm going to trash the program on my Mac and re-download and install, etc., since those favorites aren't showing up. Thanks for the quick reply.  Will reach out again, if I continue to have problems.  Best and like A (with or without the +) very much!  Just hoping I can feel my way around this new remote!

BWS

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry if this has been covered.  

Im getting frequent sudden loud static bursts—music quits, ugly static plays—when using latest Audirvana sent to my microRendu DNLA.

I don’t know if this is confined to when I use Qobuz vs my local files, but I play the former more than the latter and it for sure happens when I’m using Qobuz.  Just happened twice in short order.

Can fix it typically but selecting a different track, but it’s annoying and probably bad for my speakers.

Thanks for any advice you can provide.

11 hours ago, rickca said:

I had a similar problem years ago.  A+ was trying to play beyond the point in the track for which it had received data, so it was playing garbage.  I was able to see this from the bars displaying the play position vs buffered data.  I haven't used A+ in a long time so I don't know whether A+ still has these indicators.  Damien was able to figure it out once I sent him a recording of the screen activity.

Of course, I can't say whether this is what's happening in your case.  I'm just suggesting something that may account for the static bursts.

My experience was with the DAC directly attached to a MBP running A+.  Your configuration with a streamer and UPnP means the buffer underrun could occur on either the A+ host or the streamer.

Thanks much @rickca!  I'll try to look at the buffering progress bar next time it happens.  Best.