IGNORED

Any users of the RME ADI-2 DAC?

11 hours ago, exdmd said:

Here are a couple of posts where 8 critical listeners, six of whom are trained musicians who have been in the business for 30 years, one is a sound engineer, compare the RME ADI-2 DAC to the Yggdrasil:

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-schiit-yggdrasil-v2-dac.3607/page-41#post-147945

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-schiit-yggdrasil-v2-dac.3607/page-42#post-148467

TL;DR the Yggdrasil sounds significantly better than the RME ADI-2 DAC to professional musicians.

According to my almost 2 year long experience with ADI-2 Pro and ADI-2 DAC, I found only two DACs of the dozens I could try which were more airy and beefy at he same time in my systems: the Merging Hapi with linear PSU and Premiere D/A board and now the Holo Spring 2 KTE. All the iFis, Schitts, Naim, Chords were not up to my taste so much. Using Roon / Hqplayer for upconversion. on my iMac Pro and MacBook Pro and even with SMS200 and Ultra (the MergingHalo  is not compatible with SMS yet).

Anybody to mention the naturalness of an instrument is failing in my eye, if does not use his/her own recording and was not at the recording him/herself it just does not mean anything honestly.

This is why I used to organize studio visits for hifi buddies. I got the idea to organize a 2-3 day long recording session for not more than 10-15 people where they can do their own recording or can assist the whole rehearsing, recording, mixing, mastering session and can get all the different recordings from all the different phases, including a stereo 2 mic rec and if one wants a stereo tape as well.  There will be a price to pay, but the cost of the artists, studio and the sound guys could be shared between the attending people, so it can be something like 180-200 Euro for the 2-3 days at the studio including some food and refreshments for each people. Plus the travel cost to Budapest :) .

9 hours ago, bibo01 said:

What linear PSU did you use for the Hapi?

A locally made one, called Hydra Sound, it is 12V, 3A so could be used for the RME as well, after changing the plug. It is almost as good as the one what Kenneth Lau made for another Hapi, and I could try and compare them. Soon I will have another one to try as well, which will provide 9V and 12V at the same time powering the SMS200 Neo and DAC at the same time. Just for fun, I really do not need it. :) I am happy with the Holo Spring 2 KTE for quite a while it seems. 

IMG_8094.jpeg

1 hour ago, bibo01 said:

That would be good, report please. Thanks

I am not sure, if practically all my psus are locally made, commercially not really available. 

The RME factory PSU is not bad at all. If you do not like it for some reason, there is a good chance that the new  lpsu will not help.