IGNORED

Isolation feet for Audio Gear

wdw

1 hour ago, fas42 said:

Devices used without considering where the positive benefit is coming from, is a form of "playing with toys"

So what, who cares?  Are you the Audio Police?

You are as bad as evangelical christians and you do the same thing which is push people away. Let people have their fun and enjoy their journey.

You make me want to do everything the opposite of the way you do just out of spite.

No electron left behind.

On 1/28/2019 at 2:34 PM, Ralf11 said:

I think it is a useful engineering question as to whether an electronic audio device can - or should- be designed so that external isolation devices are not needed (i.e. will not improve SQ).

The real question for the consumer however is whether a given type of device (sand table, cones, spikes, rubber dampeners, roller balls) will improve SQ.  Next, how much must be spent, are $$ better allocated elsewhere, etc.

It can be very helpful if the consumer has a basic understanding of physics, electronics, and acoustics.

Interestingly, Audio Research changed from a metal top cover to a polycarbonate on their tube gear some years ago, and Cambridge Audio says their DacMagic DAC has specially designed feet ...

I agree with you to about 90% Ralf, I think there are situations where a manufacturer installs completely random .01 cent feet that they bought by the Chinese skiff load. Then there are speakers which as mechanical devices versus a purely electrical one like the other audio gear has vibrations inherent in it which some manufacturers go to some extreme lengths and expense to eliminate, others not so much... Less so if you don't put your bookshelf speaker on a stand.

No electron left behind.