IGNORED

Best RCA Cables

Ralf11

30 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

If I’m not mistaken you’re a very objective type of person. I suggest you get the least expensive cable you can afford and call it a day. 

No - it needs or would benefit from certain things.  Assuming the impedance is within reason, it will need corrosion resistance (gold plate) and good contact.  The latter may be achieved by split ends.

3 hours ago, wgscott said:

They are just sitting unused in a desk drawer.

What length do you require?

3 ft.  or 4 ft.

Thinking more about it - maybe an undergrad. in a lab near you has a stereo and would like them?

or I can pm you my address...

3 hours ago, marce said:

I should also point out I like 100% low resistance screen, preferably copper braid over foil... A drain wire doesn't go amiss to help keep the dreaded ground loop at bay...

examples of brands with those characteristics?

I have completed several hours of listening with long (10 ft.) RCA interconnects on this new amp, and am not hearing any hum, noise, etc.  So, I don't think I need shielding that is unusually good.

I will order some 3 or 4 ft. long cables which will allow me to put the new amp inside my old, Retro Motorola stereo cabinet and that will let the robo-vac get in there and clean the floor.

44 minutes ago, esldude said:

You're operating a robot vacuum on the premises? Good luck with any good sound. Those things emit so much Emi it reverberates for hours afterwards.

😉

It doesn't run when the stereo is on.

BTW, the thing is well worth $50.