IGNORED

The flaws of blind listening tests

8 hours ago, Blackmorec said:

Surely that happens often in hi-if. I’ve tried various footers under my amps but in each case preferred the amp sitting directly on the rack. If I hadn’t expected the footers to make an improvement I wouldn’t have tried them. They didn’t so I didn’t buy them, because my initial expectation was unfulfilled. 

Have you ever tried putting a CD player or something like an Oppo media player directly on a carpet instead of directly in a cabinet to see if it sounds different ?

I wouldn't expect a normal amplifier which doesn't have sensitive components like Xtal Oscillators to benefit much from using footers, however your preference for sitting the amplifier directly in the rack suggests that something is happening .

I presume that the amplifier doesn't use Vacuum Tubes which can sometimes be sensitive to vibration ?

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

2 hours ago, John Dyson said:

I am not trying to TELL someone that they need the results of my project, as I'll never make any money on it (far far from recouping the 2000+ person hours on the admittedly seemingly  impossible project.) 

There does not appear to much point to your software unless it's for your own personal use, where you have identified quite a few CDs in your collection that were sloppily mastered for release , AND you play regularly.

However, if there was made available a list of many of the sloppily mastered CDs that could be a different matter, with some people prepared to pay for the software.

However, being able to compile a list like that sounds a bit like " Mission Impossible"  too . ;)

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

2 hours ago, John Dyson said:

Both DolbyA and DBX I have their evils.   A lot of recording engineers really hate DolbyA because it creates distortion.  DBX is worse when it comes to noise modulation.  I am trying to mitigate some of the DolbyA evils.

John

Judging by the marked improvement with " ABBA-DayBeforeYouCame-DHDA" with a great deal of success !