IGNORED

GentooPlayer

6 minutes ago, KenMoreira said:

thanks . so ive got dietpi selected in audirvana now. but when i click play , no sound . and my topping d90 shows 768khz  its not getting the right information from the streamer.

Make sure you have GMRenderer active.  That's what Audirvana uses.  There's a trick to selecting the DAC.  What are your choices under Soundcard?  Did you restart after selecting?  I forget why, but it took me a couple of tries to get it working.  I'll fire it up tonight and have a look.

1 hour ago, KenMoreira said:

there are alot . im gonna choose usb dac.. lol under sound card.. maybe that will help 

Edit, using mconnect over upnp while I work this out with you lol. Gets music at least playing. 

Just checked on my Allo.  Select usb-dac, Save Changes and Reboot.  Works fine for me, the D90 shouldn't cause Aurdivana any problems.

• 3 weeks later...

I am using GP on an Allo USBridge Sig.  When I try to set a profile, I get this message.  What am I doing wrong?

* service gpsetprofile1 added to runlevel default
* rc-update: service `gpsetprofile2' is not in the runlevel `default'
* rc-update: service `gpsetprofile3' is not in the runlevel `default'
* service gpsetprofile4 removed from runlevel default
* rc-update: service `gpsetprofile5' is not in the runlevel `default'
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, the_bat said:

Understood.  I think I prefer GMrender to UPMPDCLI/MPD but I may be in a minority.

I'll do some experimenting.

Thanks.

Alan

I'd like to try this too on Allo Bridge.  As I understand, I need to *uninstall* unneeded software to make room for it, is that right?

34 minutes ago, the_bat said:

I believe you only need to uninstall software if you'e trying to use GMRender withthe ram system.  Even then results don't seem to be guaranteed.  It works fine in "normal" mode by just installing the software. As Antonello says, it takes quite a time to install.

Ah, that's helpful, thanks!

14 minutes ago, KenMoreira said:

Curious, GMrender is pre installed on my Allo with dietpi.  Not sure why you guys are having to install it? 

My understanding is that gentooplayer can load the entire OS into ram for operation, but GMrenderer is too large to accomodate this on some boards.  Since it precludes running the system in ram on the Allo, you must choose to install it knowing it will limit other features.  But someone correct me if I'm wrong.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2021 at 9:42 PM, zackthedog said:

Thank you!

Got my Pi2AES hat to day, popped it on the Pi4 and fired it up.  Works perfectly with Hifiberry Digi+ Pro selection.  I like my Allo USB/Digi Sig box, and have been enjoying the coax output, but this is *quite* a step up.  Using the AES input on my DAC--no I2S unfortunately.  But it's also nice not to have deal with the limitations of the Rpi 3b.

• 3 months later...

I have both Allo USBridge Signature and Pi2AES.  I've been switching back and forth.  With 6.5 and GMrenderer, this is the best sound I have gotten with Pi2AES--crisp and clear, slight "haze" and a touch of smearing is gone.  Can someone who posted above tell me how to underclock the Pi2AES?  Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I just installed 6.8 on my Pi2AES.  I'm attempting to use APrenderer.  It's installed, I can reach the web interface (:7779), I set the card to "0" (hifiberrydigiopro).  Audirvana sees the renderer, plays to it.  APrenderer status says file is playing.  But it will not engage the DAC (Arcam irDAC) so no sound comes out.  What am I doing wrong?  Thanks!