IGNORED

Sonore opticalRendu

Issues with updating oR to v2.8. I just received my order this week, so these are the latest chips. I originally updated successfully last night. I followed the directions but had to do some futzing around to get the oR to actually be seen by Roon, despite everything looking ok. I eventually got it working. This morning, the oR was completely shut down. I disconnected power and let it cool down while I successfully updated a micro- and ultraRendu. I powered the oR back up and checked and it wasn't seeing the DAC. I am using a Hydra-Z in front of a W4S DAC. It worked fine with v2.7. Despite repeated power cycles, couldn't get the oR to recognize the Hydra. I tried going direct into the W4S DAC and oR won't recognize the DAC either. PS is a Teddy Pardo 7v/2A dedicated supply.

Any suggestions? I have removed power from the oR again and will let it cool to room temp before trying again.

Teddy Pardo 7v/2a PS. Yes, I power cycled the Hydra and the oR. I did look in the DAC diagnostics and the oR is not seeing anything - not the Hydra or the W4S DAC when I connect directly to the DAC. I am letting the oR cool completely down and will retry from everything powered off once more.

• 3 weeks later...

@sahmen If you don't need or plan to use any of the other software offered by the standard rendu, the Roon lite version will save you money and meet your needs. The only difference is the software pre-loaded on it.

@charlesphoto I don't understand what you mean by "RAAT Ready". A DAC either is Roon Ready, which means it implements RAAT and has been certified by Roon or it isn't. The specific purpose of the rendu is to act as the interface between Roon and any non-Roon Ready DAC. I have 4 different rendus all working with DACs that know nothing about Roon. 

1 hour ago, Tihon said:

I once tried to change SFP. Bought something recommended by other audiophiles. Didn’t hear any change in comparison to stock module. And I’m normally very sensitive to such things. I was able to hear difference between Farad and Keces LPSU for example.

That makes sense. The principal behind using fiber in the signal path is that in the process of converting the bitstream from electric pulses to light pulses, any RF or EMI noise in the bitstream will be filtered out. SFP+ can carry a higher data rate, up to 10GHz, which is meaningless, since even the the 1GHz speed of SFP is more than enough for any audio stream.