IGNORED

Metal Case for DigiOne Signature

rruffin

Hi Allo,

Thanks for your great product, the DigiOne Signature and the promise of two outstanding support pieces for it - the metal case and a quiet power supply. Is it possible to give a time frame on either?

MacMini Quad i7/Audirvana Studio/USBridge DigiOne Signature Player/Schiit Yggdrasil GS/Aragon Palladium 1 amplifiers/Stacked Energy 22 speakers (Reference Connoisseur on bottom & Pro 22 on top) set tweeter to tweeter/Kimber Monocle XL speaker wires/Straightwire Crescendo & Virtuoso IC/Mordaunt Short 309 subwoofers

19 minutes ago, rruffin said:

Hi Allo,

Thanks for your great product, the DigiOne Signature and the promise of two outstanding support pieces for it - the metal case and a quiet power supply. Is it possible to give a time frame on either?

Allo typically does not comment on new/planned products.   Patience,  Grasshopper. 

26 minutes ago, TAV said:

Allo typically does not comment on new/planned products.   Patience,  Grasshopper. 

Maybe so, but Allo answered about their new metal case in another forum - writing that a prototype has been finished and an announcement might be coming in December. Not found any news about the power supply on any forum, though.

MacMini Quad i7/Audirvana Studio/USBridge DigiOne Signature Player/Schiit Yggdrasil GS/Aragon Palladium 1 amplifiers/Stacked Energy 22 speakers (Reference Connoisseur on bottom & Pro 22 on top) set tweeter to tweeter/Kimber Monocle XL speaker wires/Straightwire Crescendo & Virtuoso IC/Mordaunt Short 309 subwoofers

1 minute ago, rruffin said:

Maybe so, but Allo answered about their new metal case in another forum - writing that a prototype has been finished and an announcement might be coming in December. Not found any news about the power supply on any forum, though.

I wouldn't hold my breath.   

1 minute ago, TAV said:

I wouldn't hold my breath.   

Dig that.  ?

Cannot really complain. The two DigiOne products are game changers, at least in my system. Allo has some karma in the bank.

2 minutes ago, rruffin said:

Dig that.  ?

Cannot really complain. The two DigiOne products are game changers, at least in my system. Allo has some karma in the bank.

Totally agree,  I have the original Digione connected directly to my Dynaudio Focus XD's (BNC to BNC) and I've never been happier with my system.  And it supports Airplay, DLNA, Roon out of the box with Dietpi.  Perfect for my needs.  

• 3 weeks later...

Also says that the Aluminum case for DigiOne Signature is about 4 weeks out...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I blew up my Signature by attaching the clean side battery pack to the Pi side and was waiting for Allo to send a replacement. While waiting, I asked if they would wait to send the replacement until the aluminum case was finished. At first, they said that the case would be done in 4 weeks (which was about 4 weeks ago) and they suggested that I might be disappointed if I waited, implying that their time frame may slip. Anyway, thought I would add this to the conversation.

By the way, while waiting for the replacement Signature, I listed to my original DigiOne - which sounded quite good. After receiving the replacement Signature, I realized just how much better the newer model sounds...

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Allo! Any word on the metal case for the Signature?

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Just for the record, there are two cases available for the USB Bridge Signature - one without room for a HAT and one with room for a USB Bridge Signature with a DigiOne Signature card. I speculate that there has not been a metal case for the DigiOne Signature Player is that there may be an upgrade in Allo's future which uses the updated Raspberry Pi 4. I view my dear Allo as a hobbiest company whose products are in continual upgrade mode. My two cents...

• 3 weeks later...

I want to try the Digital signature but the case they supply is too cheap looking.  You can assume since they haven’t replied to this thread they don’t care or could be having financial troubles

MAIN SYSTEM - SST Ambrosia 2000 Second Edition Preamp and Son of Ampzilla II Amp, dCS Debussy DAC, Bricasti M5 Streamer, PS Audio P3 Power Plant, Aurender ACS10 Server/Streamer, Focal Sopra No. 1 Speakers, JL Audio F112 Subwoofer, Elac SUB3070 Subwoofer, 20TB Synology NAS, Small Green Computer i5/1TB SSD running Roon

HOME OFFICE SYSTEM - NAD M10 Integrated Amp/Streamer/DAC, Auralic Altair Streamer/DAC, Oppo BDP-103 SACD, KEF LS50 Speakers