IGNORED

Measurements & Sound Quality

Ralf11

47 minutes ago, fas42 said:

IOW, if we were to listen to live sound on the other of a wall, where there were only two openings to the other side, mimicing the positioning of stereo speakers, it would sound just like a hifi system! Of course, no-one has done this sort of experiment; because it might expose an Inconvenient Truth ... 9_9

No, it wouldn’t. How could you think this?

15 minutes ago, crenca said:

Wrong, wrong and wrong.  These measurements are related, do matter, and do describe the sound and its "quality" to a strong degree.

Your just repeating radical subjectivism as an article of faith.  Measurements have a long and strong track record of direct and obvious correlation to the sound, and the whole audio/electronic industry depends on this correlation...

Just repeating? Dude, I have been listening to audio gear for over 40 years.

Here is what Nelson pass had to say in an interview:

"Measurements and listening go hand in hand. There is a correlation between objective and subjective, but they’re not strictly causal relationships. Clearly, there are some amplifiers that measure great with “standard” measurements but don’t sound so good, and there are examples of good-sounding/bad-measuring as well. The discrepancies are interesting because they point to either things that have not been measured—more likely, misinterpreted—or aspects of perception and taste that don’t correlate to measured flaws. Or both.

In the end, the subjective experience is what our customer is looking for. Our taste in sound may not appeal to everyone, but it’s what we have to work with, and we only need a small segment of the market to be successful. I don’t neglect the measurements; I put them to work."