IGNORED

Good Airplay dongle with analog audio out?

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, feelingears said:

Without getting into the future of digital streaming, it seems the path of least resistance (not least expenditure!) is to boost the SQ of my AEx path by replacing my LPS-1 with a 1.2 (given the strong reports of others), and maybe ponying up for the Transparent cable.

Well given how much you enjoy your Airport Express units, and that you already have an original UltraCap LPS-1 and are thinking about the LPS-1.2 for your Remedy S/PDIF reclocker, let me share this again:

Unlike the 5/7/9/12V LPS-1.2, the original LPS-1 has 3.3V as its lowest output setting.  When I modded my workshop AE to accept an external 3.3V supply (see above: https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/54724-good-airplay-dongle-with-analog-audio-out/?do=findComment&comment=896800), it really enhanced it as a DAC (even my assistant noticed it; she commented on the bass and the ease).

I have no idea what that would do for it's Toslink output, but it might be something fun to consider, and a reason to hold onto you LPS-1 even if you do get the LPS-1.2. B|

Cheers,

--Alex C.