IGNORED

Michael Formanek Time Like This booklets story

Hello,

As I mentioned below here is the story about Intakt.ch records not delivering to all the available download offers the same PDF liner notes file.

It all began when I found latest Michel Formanek record on Spotify and started looking for the download offer on the web portals especially for high resolution media. I was able to found two places where you could download 24/96 files and one place on Bandcamp where redbook quality files has been offered. Cool, but there was one statement on Bandcamp saying "You will get the CD-booklet (as PDF-file) with liner notes and photos as bonus, if you buy the whole album." 

I thought that maybe Bandcamp offers also 24/96 FLAC because time to time they do and I pulled the trigger buying Bandcamp files. Unfortunately, only 24/44 files were available, but I got full PDF liner notes included. I like this album a lot and want to get high resolution version if possible - of course legit one with the same PDF liner notes. When I asked highresaudio.com they responded to me that "because Intakt doesn’t supply a booklet with their release [...] and "[...] We will ask the license holder". So far, no conclusion, no response. 

I was quite desperate and purchased the hdtracks version of 24/96, but with little worry that it could be not so much legit 24/96 offer, but thanks god it was the legit version and now I have complete package with booklets and 24/96 files, but quite expensive :-( Anyway, probably well known issue with digital downloads and mess with booklets, but that bothers me a lot! Hope Intakt.ch and others who do not include the booklets in high resolution version fix that issue once for the future. 

1898073602_ScreenShot2018-10-30at10_34_53.thumb.png.771025ce369777d135b912ffb971fe03.png  774168644_ScreenShot2018-10-30at11_11_51.thumb.png.85ca09a54c71af74c9695629756bd4b0.png

1437582698_ScreenShot2018-10-30at11_12_04.thumb.png.64709950f4133ab4c8ed4f40eae41b06.png 

--

Krzysztof Maj

http://mkrzych.wordpress.com/

"Music is the highest form of art. It is also the most noble. It is human emotion, captured, crystallised, encased… and then passed on to others." - By Ken Ishiwata

Finally answer from Intakt records. Highly appreciated that they've contacted me! Very good move!

Hi Krzysztof,

We are always eager to help our customers with any issues they may have as soon as we are aware of them.  We are a very small label and we use 3rd party distributors as part of our distribution strategy.  Each distributor has different systems and requirements and getting our albums online is a lot of work for our small team.  These distributors then work with other platforms like HDTracks and Highresaudio and we have no control over how they receive or present our albums for download.  This is unfortunate as we would like to present the booklets that we work so hard on for all paying customers.

With bandcamp, as I said you should have been able to download the booklet with the 24bit album.  We provided this to bandcamp and it should be available without issue.  It seems it is a technical problem with Bandcamp and I'm awaiting a response.  

So I hope you can understand that this is not an inconsistency on our part but a technical glitch that we were unaware of.  And I'm very happy you brought this to our attention however so we can make it right.

So, as I said before, as soon as I hear back from Bandcamp regarding this I will let you know.  We obviously want to resolve it as soon as possible.

Thank you,
Fiona

--

Krzysztof Maj

"Music is the highest form of art. It is also the most noble. It is human emotion, captured, crystallised, encased… and then passed on to others." - By Ken Ishiwata

10 hours ago, oso said:

Good costumer service. I like that.

]which album is it you are talking about...I like this one

I was talking about Time Like This latest record from Formanek and crew.

--

Krzysztof Maj