IGNORED

Cow Music

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/17/2022 at 10:45 AM, sphinxsix said:

Dolly's mountain home..

Dolly Parton milking a cow. Lol | Dolly parton, Dolly parton pictures,  Hello dolly

There were plenty of missteps from Parton as she grew up. In the memoir, this artist shared that once, while chasing a butterfly, she got lost in the woods. 

At first, the young child thought it was “actually fun” being in a new environment. Once it got dark, though, she got scared. She called out for help, but no one could hear. With no lights nearby, the trees were “only silhouettes.” 

“Finally, when all seemed lost, I sniffed back a tear just in time to hear a familiar sound, one my mind associated with a friend,” Parton wrote. “It was not a human friend, but I was in no position to be choosy. It was the sound of the bell worn by our milk cow, Bessie.”🐮

She devised a plan, realizing that the animal would eventually walk toward the Parton home. Following Bessie became her “mission.”

“Bessie was not aware of my plan, so she had no intention of slowing down to accommodate my stubby young legs. As she passed by, I reached out and grabbed the leather collar Daddy had fashioned to hold Bessie’s bell and held on for dear life,” she continued. “I soon became aware of exactly how dear my life was.” 

image.jpeg.922da93d9283c59e09039ec225a34a93.jpegimage.jpeg.922da93d9283c59e09039ec225a34a93.jpegimage.jpeg.922da93d9283c59e09039ec225a34a93.jpegimage.jpeg.922da93d9283c59e09039ec225a34a93.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

A farmer has dressed her cows in Christmas jumpers to spread some seasonal cheer to passers-by. The five cows have been sporting the matching knitwear while grazing on their farm in the Parish of St Saviour in Jersey, Channel Islands. Dairy farmer and self-confessed Christmas enthusiast Becky Houzé designed the patterned jumpers for her Jersey girls as a festive treat.

Becky Houzé and cows

Cows, jumpers.. Jmping, cows..

Some jumping cow music.

• 2 weeks later...

The Bizarre Tale Of The Magical War Cow, Sibilja 🐮

Within the legendary Saga of Ragnar Lodbrok, the namesake of the piece, Ragnar, found a certain Swedish ruler named King Eystein, known as “the Wicked” or “the Bad Ruler,” to be one of his most formidable opponents. Ragnar’s troubles and frustrations concerning this Swede was not due to Eystein, himself, but rather a special weapon possessed by the king. As told by the peculiar saga, Eystein had in his employ one of the greatest magicians and warriors of the era. This terrifying figure was named Sibilja, and, believe it or not, she was apparently a cow.

Sibilja, the magical war cow, was quite the super-weapon. Her specialty, it seems, was to cast a brutal spell or curse over armies that were invading Eystein’s realm. This magical assault supposedly caused the invaders to lose their minds and begin to fight amongst themselves. As if that was not powerful enough, Sibilja reportedly also had a secondary weapon that she could use. This power simply came from her bovine nature. According to the saga, when the magical cow decided to let out a “moo,” the impact of the bellowing sound could be just as destructive as the cow’s magical spells. If, by chance, the spells and powerful sounds did not do the job, the magical cow was also said to have been a very good fighter in physical combat. Utilizing the cow, however, had a steep price—which was paid through endless sacrifices and religious ceremonies held in her honor—but King Eystein usually managed to keep Sibilja happy. All in all, she was a fearsome and reliable beast, as Ragnar’s family would find out. The Saga of Ragnar Lodbrok colorfully described Eystein’s use of Sibilja in a battle against two sons of Ragnar Lodbrok:

“The cow was turned loose, and she charged in front of the ranks and bellowed horribly, and there was such great confusion among the fighters who heard it that they fought each other, except the two brothers who managed to hold out. The evil creature gored many men with her horns that day. Though the sons of Ragnar were mighty, they could not withstand such overwhelming forces and such sorcery…” (Saga of Ragnar Lodbrok, chapter 10).

https://thehistorianshut.com/2020/08/11/the-bizarre-tale-of-the-magical-war-cow-sibilja/

Scott Reynolds on Twitter: "@BritishPodcast gotta watch out for that Sibilja,  she's one mean bit.. uh, well, you know what I mean...  https://t.co/eqwyaSoZTs" / Twitter

Me and the cows stopped by Church last night. Full house. Had to stand in the back, but it was worth it. Festive AF!

A very nice post but you are wrong about one thing..

On 1/1/2023 at 9:32 PM, christopher3393 said:

Scott Reynolds on Twitter: "@BritishPodcast gotta watch out for that Sibilja,  she's one mean bit.. uh, well, you know what I mean...  https://t.co/eqwyaSoZTs" / Twitter

This is what a real dread cow looks like, one can mostly encounter them in Jamaica and the NL..

g2p9nwlkths51.jpg 

35d1e3528dc54b2aaf9fb5146df3cfe0.jpg

In short...

image.jpeg.44c5aab0f88dc4c00967b5887bca4bbc.jpeg

Some obviously rebel..

8160a121a492122e1d0d4d3281840f66.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

A U.S. citizen was arrested for walking a cow through Red Square in Moscow, according to local media.

Alicia Day, “who is a vegetarian and animal rights activist, was walking on Red Square … using a calf as visual propaganda and shouting the slogan ‘animals are not food,'” a judge at Moscow’s Tverskoy district court was quoted as saying.

Day was arrested on Tuesday for participating in an unsanctioned protest. She also allegedly resisted arrest, the court said, and was fined 20,000 rubles (€261).

“I bought the calf [named Doctor Cow] so that it wouldn’t be eaten. I decided to take him to such a beautiful place and show him the country,” Day told the TASS news agency.

“I just wanted to show Doctor Cow the Red Square,” the vegan activist said in her defense, adding that she didn’t regret her actions.

Dey describes herself as a “Chinese national who’s been living long-term in Russia” on the Russian social network VKontakte.

Her profile contains photos of herself with a black sheep in various public settings, including a square, a train and a building lobby.

In 2021, Ukrainian media reported that Dey was spotted walking a calf and a pig in the east-central city of Dnipro.

“I wanted to save [the animals] because people eat [them],” Dey said in Russian in a video interview at the time.

The New Jersey-born vegan activist made headlines in 2019 when she was living in London and kept a pet pig in her flat, spoiling it with trips to restaurants and sharing baths with it.

“Some people told me point blank they are becoming vegetarians after meeting my pig,” the Daily Mail quoted Dey, a native of New York, as saying at the time.

5534253422.jpg

oIxkLc2CHhE.jpg

654245245343.jpg

She previously made headlines when she kept a pet pig in her London flat

Some cow music.