IGNORED

Is this website about "computer" audio anymore?

Not really splitting hairs.  As I acknowledged, any "chip" is really a computer, but my comments were directed at the direction of this website which I think was for years the source of all things audio for the computer geek.  It's not my site, but I don't think it is controversial that it really does not address the same topics it used to.  If we will never see a new CAPS or description of the benefit of various NASs, so be it.  Right now you have to delve deep into the forums to get much of a hardware discussion, or a description of the benefits of various operating system tweeks.

I have generally concluded that if you get a sonic transporter I5 with a microrendu, you are close to maxing out the potential of server sound quality.  But how about a discussion on say whether the newer I5's are capable of handling roon DSP, since they have the computing power of older I7s?  Or how to modify linux on the base transporter or roon nuc to add an app to access Qobuz or Deezer.  Or how to . . . 

1) Selah Audio Fedele Speakers (Revel in ceiling surrounds) QNAP TS-251 NAS accessed w/ a Ruku Ultra through SPDIF ipurifier into a Marantz SR7008 A/V receiver.

2) Freya + preamp, Hypex NC400 Amp, Zaph L18 Speakers, Martin Logan Dynamo sub-woofer

Bluesound Node 2 and Pro-Ject Expression w/ AT440mlb.