IGNORED

Article: Definitive Guide: How To Copy Favorites and Playlists from Tidal to Qobuz

12 hours ago, jaynyc said:

Hi.  In the 4th paragraph of the post it says

" You'll switch to Qobuz (trust me) "

What are the top 3 bullet points why a US Tidal user would be compelled to switch to Qobuz?

On the day that I switched to Spotify premium this was pasted on my Tidal home page on my iPad:

1917695810_ScreenShot2018-08-29at9_54_23AM.thumb.jpg.e4b6482ff13d0a5af3563e1e0170ecc8.jpg

I never listen to RAP or even pop music, yet I was continually bombarded with this kind of offensive detritus.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

2 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

That album is on Qobuz as well.

Is it on your home page? For example, I'm sure it is on Spotify as well, but it does not appear on the home page.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

19 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

I dont know, I am using A+, it opens where I left it, which is Classical music. I went to Discover > All Genres and scrolled down a ways and did not see it.

However, if I am looking at new releases, it is right there.

Right. That is what I mean. When you open Spotify, you get the Overview page. The overview page looks like this:1329971268_ScreenShot2018-08-29at4_45_17PM.thumb.jpg.1143c3b0ca9febb7710d41baace35cf6.jpg

It's comprised mostly of playlists that have lots of followers. Never anything offensive.

When you open up Tidal, you are confronted with whatever JayZ and his organization/artists are pushing. That was my problem with Tidal. 

It's all past tense now for me - Spotify offers what I need until Qobuz comes on board. In fairness to Tidal, I don't think I or any classical music lover was ever their intended audience. 

At home I use A+ and prior to that I use Lumin App.

At the gym I had to use the Tidal app and now Spotify app. Unless I'm missing something, I know of no way to get A+ to work at the gym.

3 hours ago, Sevenfeet said:

Unless you're offended by partial nudity, I'm not sure what the problem is.  Surely you know that Nicki Minaj is a minority Tidal owner and a huge star in her own right.  Why wouldn't they promote one of the bigger album drops this year?

Tidal has it's marketing preferences and I have mine.

Which is why I ended my subscription to Tidal. No problem at all.

2 hours ago, Sevenfeet said:

No problem I guess.  But it would be puzzling to drop a service for that unless you just weren't enjoying the service overall with the music genres you care about.  The fact that we see hip hop artists promoted on Tidal since they are majority owned by hip hop artists shouldn't be a surprise.

I mean, I don't move out of Nashville because I'm not a country fan. :)

You must not have read my previous post in this thread.

Tidal has been truncating classical music track titles leaving meaningless titles.

Also from another thread, Tidal has been streaming 96kbs on certain classical music labels without any indication prior to playing.

I had been a Tidal subscriber since the first day they entered the USA market - so it's not as if I haven't given them a chance. I have submitted countless tickets to them regarding the track titles and not one album was changed. I also have enquired about the 96kbs albums and they have sent me form emails with no actions taken or explanations.

So it's not because I dislike RAP or because I don't like naked women or because I'm a prude. That I could just ignore. It's when that takes precedence over everything else that I begin to feel that Tidal is service that is not suited to my needs.

It's clear to me that I am not in the market segment that Tidal wishes to nourish, keep and expand. When I quit subscribing I  sent them a detailed explanation of why I was doing so. Never heard from them, they did not try to keep me, they simply don't care about my business.

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, speavler said:

Omg look how dark her skin is!!  **clutches pearls**

I'm not sure I know what you are getting at but I should let you know that MY skin color is similar to hers and that I was raised in the South Bronx under the same conditions as many of the RAP artists. Never assume that everyone here comes from the same socioeconomic background.

If I completely misunderstood your cryptic contribution, I apologize.