IGNORED

Allo Digione Signature

• 4 weeks later...

@SparkSpark

I am sorry to see that you are facing some issues with your order.

I will do my best to assist you and clarify your doubts.

1> For the PSU:

it could be a shipping mistake... these do happen , luckily not too often, please PM me your order number and i will take a look at your order and do right by you.

2> For the case:

I've looked at your pictures... a few things stood out.

> you haven't removed the BNC connector ring as indicated on our tutorial video which lasts 4 min and shows step by step how to assemble these cases.

> it seems to me that when you took the picture, you actually had the TOP cover on the bottom... The bottom cover has 4 small holes for the RPI feet .

Please take a minute to view the video here:

if you are still having trouble, please let me know, we are here to assist.

Regards

Andre

@SparkSpark

hi again.

By looking at your pictures, seems to me that the bottom plate is upside down.

You just need to flip it.

Then the side walls will fit in the indentations.

if you look at the bottom plate, the one with the 4 extra holes for the RPI, you will see that on one side there is 1 rectangular indentation (corresponds to the 2 x dual USB and ethernet wall) and on the other end there are 2 (corresponds to the SD card wall insert).

See image

Let me know how it goes by emailing me at [email protected]

DScase.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

@nbpf

thank you for your feedback.

I will address your packaging and assembly concerns. 

From our assembly lines in India to the homes of audiophiles worldwide, our little units experience quite a journey.

The packing we selected is a sliding lid type box with sturdy 2.5mm cardboard walls (5mm total thickness when lid on).

This box is lined with anti-shock packing foam and finally, the Digi Sig is wrapped in pink anti-static bubble wrap (see attached pictures).

My point being that we focus on protecting the unit as much as we can against the elements; nevertheless, we can certainly look into improving the esthetics. 

For assembling the 2 boards we use standard 10.5mm brass standoffs, as you mentioned, the actual height of the connector is 0.1mm to 0.3mm (considering tolerance) higher.

If the assembly screws are fully tightened , there will be some minimal stress on the board, but nothing to worry about.

A solution to release this pressure is loosening slightly the 4 assembly screws.  Please note that we will look into ordering 10.7mm to 10.8mm standoffs which will address this.

Finally, as a company, we try our best to protect our customers that dont all have the same level of experience when connecting hardware. Some may and have connected 3 PSUs (2 to digi sig and 1 to RPI)... The unit will not explode and nothing bad will happen, but its just not advisable on the long term for the PSU. So we prefer to make it clear.

I hope to have addressed your concerns in a satisfactory manner and we thank you again for your feedback, its very valuable to us.

Regards

Andre

20181029_114833.jpg

20181029_114821.jpg

20181029_114900.jpg

20181029_114850.jpg

Hi @RX8R3ROD

our KATANA DAC and Digione Signature will both share the same sturdy lid box with a new interior packing foam.

We can add a customized sleeve wrapped around the box a& lid, we can add graphics and so on.

Will it improve the sound quality delivered by our hardware, no.

Will it improve the sturdiness of the packaging, no.

Will it all likely end up in the recycling or even worst, the garbage ? Yes.

We are in tune with what the market wants, but lets be clear...

what is it that you guys think we can add considering the pictures above ?

thanks for sharing your suggestions.

Andre

• 3 weeks later...