IGNORED

Schiit Yggdrasil Vs PS Audio Directstream Junior

7 hours ago, mintakax said:

So.... I am probably going to be trading in the Lumin D2 for a DS Sr.  I want the best upfront source I can get for the new system, plus I have a number of SACDs and would like to plug my old DV-50s to the DS Sr. to take advantage of newer DAC technology.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news... According to the specs of the DS DAC I believe that the only way to feed the DSD layer from SACDs into the DS DAC is via I2S from the matching DS Memory Player, or if you have ability to rip the DSD data into files which can be fed from a server via USB into the DS DAC. As described on the DS DAC's product page, DSD can only be input via DoP as well as raw DSD on I2S and USB inputs. While the I2S input uses an HDMI connector, it is wired differently and is not compatible with a standard HDMI output which you might have thought you could use from the Esoteric DV-50s. You could connect the Esoteric via a coaxial or optical digital output, but that will only transmit the CD resolution data from hybrid SACDs and not the hi-res DSD data. I'm sure that someone will correct me if I'm wrong about this...