IGNORED

All players sound the same right?

whealsie

As I am conflicted and utterly confused by the players sounding different. It's nice to know that I do not need to pursue windows too! If I may ask, what player are you preferring these days for Mac? Are any of the upcoming betas piquing your interest?

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

• 3 weeks later...

Purely and simply a TROLL!

The original poster of this thread was told to go post a question about player differences and see what happens. That all started in an arcam rdac thread.

Well you got what you wanted Whelsie (sp).

There are a lot of experienced listeners on CA, and you did get your chance to poke the hornets nest. But do yourself a favor like so many had suggested. Go try a bunch of players on your system and see if YOU hear a difference. If not, then fine but do not try to tell those who do that they are wrong or that there is no proof.

Not sure why you think that I said that anyone was wrong.

I am more than happy to respect people's opinions and their right to hold them. I was just looking to see what the reasons were behind the arguments. Isn't that the point of a forum?

Yes, I did get what I wanted, some reasoned thinking about how people reached the conclusions they did. I am very grateful for the helpful and considered responses I received. I do not have to share the opinions of all of the posters but I sincerely hope that the discussion will help many silent readers to make up their own minds.

As far as I am concerned, providing my music is audible enough, I am happy. The trick is identifying the line that is 'enough'. The reproduction should always be secondary to the music.

Storage: - 8TB HP MiniServer, jRiver Server: - Intel NUC in Streacon Fanless Case, JRMC 19, WASAPI Event Style, Lindy Mains Conditioner, Arcam RDAC, Chord Crimson Plus, Naim Nait 5, Totem Arro. JRemote on iPad / iPhone, Gizmo on Android Tablet

The question itself is fair enough. If two bit-perfect outputs of the same information to the same equipment sound different, it is completely reasonable to ask what the physical basis for this is. If people are discouraged from asking these sorts of questions, there cannot be any logical, critical discourse, and the discussion turns into complementing the various emperors on the quality of their wardrobes.