IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

26 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

What did you tell your local record shop when they sold you an SACD created from 44.1 PCM files?

I know, that there are several SACDs, published at least up to 2015 are upsampled sometimes even from 16/44.1 PCM files. The difference to HiRes download stores and streaming services is that today it is really easy for them to check the quality of incoming files in a first step, except it is a black box like a MQA album https://www.xivero.com/musicscope-server/

• 2 months later...
12 minutes ago, matthias said:

What about differences between countries in Europe?

Do they provide a better service in UK than in Germany for example?

Matt

Even within the EU there is still no common market for digital rights. Providers like Qobuz must deal with the right owners, usually the labels, for each country to get the license for streaming and additionally the local price conditions for reselling.

3 hours ago, matthias said:

Nice, but why not in Germany?

Matt

You should ask this question the accountable local product managers from Columbia Records or Warner Bros.

I've done this for several HiRes albums that are available in the US, but not in Europe or Germany.  As well I asked about the reasons for price differences > 800 % for some HiRes box sets within Europe. Of course, I never got a feedback. 

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, dmackta said:

@#Yoda# We do have a department. They spot check. And check issues reported by users. Can you guess how many albums we receive from labels each week?

@dmacktaGiven that we are talking about HiRes files and the impression that perceived at least 90 % of all new releases, except Classical and Jazz, are in minimum HiRes 24/44.1 or /48 anyway, not really so many.

In my experience most upsamples are typically from a handful of labels, upsamples in Classical and Jazz are rather rare, IMO.

There are efficient server based automated tools available to preselect suspicious HiRes files transmitted by the labels to support your department.

I wonder what Qobuz is doing when you notice an incorrect labeling of a delivered HiRes file. I know from my own proven complaints that your customers get a compensation, but in my experience the upsampled HiRes files usually still stay in your catalog without replacement or any hint to your customers.

For some time now, it is not possible any more to write a comment to an album to advice other customers about possible resolution issues.