IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

5 minutes ago, RedSwede said:

Streaming Pulsaudio isn't really the same thing at all. With Spotify connect, I can pick up any device with Spotify on, and control the device playing Spotify, with no messing. Whether that is desktop, phone, tablet, car. Casting an audio stream is very limited by comparison.

Agreed. As long as the vendor has implemented spotify connect, which is exactly my point.

11 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I think the evidence is pretty strong that large corporations see the term "end to end encryption" and want it, not matter the cost and no matter the efficacy of using it

Agreed but I don't understand why users are advocating for this to be implemented in the first place. What we currently see as ease of use will be replaced by locked down interfaces and restrictive access.   

• 3 months later...
10 minutes ago, bobbmd said:

Why not just run it off your iPhone or iPad on my sons Tesla there are USB inputs and why not through CarPlay and WiFi Bluetooth? In my internal combustion vehicle Qobuz and. Tidal just play without any usb or rca connection OR am I misunderstanding you

Tesla does not support CarPlay or Android Auto (officially). There are various streaming applications that are native to the car's OS and Qobuz is not one of them.

• 1 year later...
11 minutes ago, Mikydep said:

Let's hope that this future "Qobuz Connect" will not have such high requirements that we will have to buy another streamer.

You will need to buy another streamer or at least update the one you have if possible. From a business perspective, "Connect" works well as you can control deployment to 3rd parties via a license. You can choose and restrict access based on various agreements. Streamers will need to develop this feature into their technology. There should be a free and open standard for these things but unfortunately, greed always got in the way. DLNA was in the right direction but foolish governing body made it challenging to certify and some companies implemented the protocol in a disastrous way (Hegel, Simaudio, etc..). 

• 1 month later...

There is no need for a local DLNA server if you do not have content on your LAN. In my scenario, I stream from Qobuz via BubbleUPnP (app on Android) to a Raspberry Pi streamer. No server is involved.

• pabl0b changed the title to Qobuz issues with Marantz Model 40n
  • 1 month later...