IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

As a new customer I was surprised to see some sound quality problematic content in Tidal catalog (and some even as universal streaming platform issue) being a non-issue on Qobuz. Customer service requests never did seem to change anything regarding those SQ issues.

Only issue for me at the moment only seems to be Qobuz is not widely known by smaller digital distributors or is not relevant service to distribute content with. Hopefully this improves in future and Qobuz is there on the list with Spotify/Tidal/Deezer etc.

Keep up the good work and making Qobuz more known for relevant people.

It seems I am going to unsubscribe from Tidal.

• 1 year later...
On 12/4/2022 at 4:00 AM, One and a half said:

Almost mono, or such a collapsed sound stage enough to be mono. This is the result of noise artefacts entering the system interfering with timing of left and right information. The network is the same, i.e. router, switches, DX Filters Ether Regen, JCAT NET XE, renderer. Only difference is the modem where the Qobuz streaming comes from versus the local files on a Windows File Server. 

Can't do much about the cable modem, it belongs to the ISP, other than power it from a linear power supply and add a DX filter between it and the router. Currently the router and modem share the same Meanwell open cage type SMPS rated at 12V 10A. Will it help, not so sure, other than to add shielded network cables, more loop problems.

Mind's made up, Qobuz to the bin, already cancelled the free trial. 

Maybe a related anecdote, but I had a similar experience on one particular album release. I was casually listening it on Qobuz and began wondering why it sounded so mono-ish. I actually had the same album still archived as an old MP3 version (LAME -V2 compression) and to my surprise the MP3 album sounded more stereo than the one on Qobuz.

I considered this could be due to differences in supply chain. I had JCAT USB Xe +LSP (with USB DDC +LPS) and used I350 T2 server NIC via EtherREGEN.

Decided to let Qobuz know about this issue. They provided graphs that their release is infact stereo. This bothered me so much that I had to dig up my CD stash and to extract the audio as FLAC only to claim Qobuz's version being altered somehow. They did not reply with our correspondence but later on I found this freshly extracted version on Qobuz.