IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

This is also my experience, with Qobuz in CD quality. But my favorite way of listening is selecting the album on the Qobuz android app, and using the "share with bubbleupnp" function to stream to the renderer (PSAudio Bridge II). This way I get all the bells and whistles of the Qobuz app, have the music files cached in my SD card for further listening (the quality is a bit better), and use the upnp protocol to its fullest extent. 

23 hours ago, Cebolla said:

BTW, I've just tested it working properly on my UPnP renderers, even with hi-res file tracks, plus the sound quality appears to be as good as it normally is. What was were you losing out of the UPnP protocol for the PSAudio Bridge II that made you decide to cache the audio files to your SD card.

It works for me in all resolutions too. The importance of the cache is that my main system is in my country house. There, my internet connection suffers. So I take advantage of being able to previously cache or download the files (God bless 256GB SD!). I also use AirAudio on Android, with no sonic penalties for CD res (it doesn't do high res). It is a bit simpler.

Does anyone know  if it is possible for me to import a song into a sd card in my Android phone, then put the same sd card on another android device and play the song through the Qobuz app installed on device number 2? Or, to import the song to a thumb drive inserted in a PC, then use said drive to play the song in another PC?

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, jvvita said:

Guys,

I just updated to 5.1.1. I cannot change the storage location of imported music. It seems to be locked on my internal storage. Only for the downloaded music I can change to my SD card. Am I missing anything?

David,

Could you please help me with this situation? Thanks

• 4 months later...
3 hours ago, left channel said:

I own an Anthem preamp, but I find Play-Fi too clunky so I've been using the LMS plugin for Qobuz, through a Sonore ultraRendu, computers, and Squeezeboxes, and only rely on the official Qobuz apps for single-device use.

What is this LMS plugin? Does it cast directly to the ultraRendu?

Does anyone know any solution that allows to cache/download the Qobuz song, and then stream it offline, without depending upon the Qobuz client?

As far as I know, neither audirvana, or Roon, allows for this. 

And this is my real pain point from the inability to dlna from the Qobuz app to ultraRendu. 

That is exactly my experience. I was hoping for that Audirvana, Roon or any other would do it's own cache of Qobuz' songs for offline playback. But I imagine that for DRM reasons, this will not be possible.

If this is so, I am stuck with Songcast (not too bad as a workaround) waiting for the fix of the dlna to Rendu

• 4 months later...
4 hours ago, jacobacci said:

Yes you have understood correctly.

I am looking for a way to use the qobuz app on android or iOS (not PC) to control a rendering device in order to have all the metadata at and functionality my disposal. There are several ways to do this. Unfortunately all of them have significant shortcomings:

• Chromecast is not gapless. Roon solves this issue by building a continuous gapless stream on the Roon Core Server. In theory Qobuz could do the same thing by streaming a continuous gapless stream from the Qobuz Servers. This would be a solution to the problem
  • Airplay has limited quality
  • UPnP is only available on the PC and Mac versions of the app. The android and iOS apps do not have UPnP (at least I have not found it). Qobuz UPnP works well with some devices and not so well on others. So if UPnP were available on tablets, device manufactureres could possbly adapt their UPnP renderer to cater for the peculiarities of the Qobuz UPnP implementation

I am wondering if Qoubuz would deem one of these two solutions doable?

The notion of the mythical Qobuz Connect protocol came up in the context of Sonos. Qobuz had mentioned them as being an example of Qobuz Connect implementation. Now that it is clear that "Qobuz Connect" is a generic name for third party protocols being used, it seems to me that in the Sonos case it may have been Sonos direct control being used.

Qobuz upnp has never worked for me. Neither on the ultra rendu, nor with my new Vivaldi upsampler. The best workaround I know, in Android, is to use the “share” function. You use the Qobuz app to navigate. When you find the track/album you want, click on the three dots, instead of play. Select share, and it will send the stream to bubble upnp. Never tried with dcs Mosaic. With bubble, works flawlessly, including hapless.