IGNORED

Chords New M -Scaler

7 hours ago, Miska said:

It is based on what Rob Watts has said elsewhere and what Chord specs have stated. I have Mojo and I can get Qutest just for the sake of measuring it. Not gonna buy DAVE for that, but maybe I can get loaner unit for listen and measurements.

How about testing the Mojo using the optical input running on battery? The mojo is very sensitive to noise on the USB input, as many other USB DACs....

1 hour ago, Jud said:

I have read in this one thread that Chord's hardware is less susceptible to jitter than other manufacturers' equipment, and that at least one Chord hardware product is very sensitive to noise on the USB input. This seems contradictory to me. Is it just this one product that is sensitive and not the M-Scaler or any product likely to be used with it? If I remember correctly, the "jitter immune" thing comes from a Rob Watts quote, though I haven't seen measurements.  Where does the information about noise sensitivity of the Mojo come from?

I have a Mojo and it is a pain in the behind to get USB to sound as good as the optical input. For example, if you connect an iPhone to the USB input there is audible noise in the headphones, especially if the iPhone is using the 3G/LTE radio. This noise has nothing to do with jitter.