IGNORED

I broke down and downloaded ROON...

8 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

Something I have noticed in Roon is that it has difficulty getting information on some downloaded albums.  has anyone found a way to work with this and help Roon out?

Two different downloads, one has data, the other has nothing.

Screen Shot 2018-07-30 at 10.43.15 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-30 at 10.42.28 AM.png

On the Roon forums this has been brought up before.  Roon uses 1 or 2 services for all their artist information/data.  It has been mentioned to add other services to round out the missing information but Roon says it costs extra money that they don't have yet.  Or as they put it, It's not high enough on there to do list.  Roon puts up with a ton customers requests and are doing their best to prioritize which services they need to provide first to the masses.   The companies that do provide the information are typically dealing with the most popular music genres and artist and then work their way to the less obscure.  

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Whitigir said:

So, let me get this straight....people buy Roon because album artist display ?

Nope, if anything they’re the worst of all the software I’ve tried. They excel at metadata and through this  they create a vast linking system of discovery within your collection.  

I hope Roon soon has a major visual overhaul.  They waste too much space that could be used for bigger metadata of the current song selected and artwork. JRivers theatre view is the best, especially with the changing still shots of the artists in the back ground as the music plays. Plus there metadata is displayed nice and large on the screen. 

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet