I've engaged this individual on several occasions. He claims to own hundreds of $K in equipment and a vast knowledge of recording engineering, having worked with big names. Every so often he'll go wwaaayyywwaaayyy off the reservation in his posts. We all think it's when he's drinking. One should never drink and type. 

11 minutes ago, 4est said:

Furious? If you are actually upset at all about this, it speaks more about you than the nitwit that spent 6K on a USB cable. They don't seem too upset by it, and I don't understand why anyone else would be.

Um. Ok. The title of the thread was quoting Mr. Cat man himself. Do you think I actually care what this guys cat eats? I found it humorous. 

1 minute ago, 4est said:

Excuse me then, I read that wrong even though I do feel it is bad form to take joy in anothers mishaps.

What the hell makes you think i feel joy from this? I feel bad for the poor guy. I'm quite familiar with him. He's generally a very nice guy. Stop painting me as the bad guy.

21 minutes ago, ChrisG said:

haha. this reminds me of our Maine Coon cat Ozzie who loved my speakers when he was a kitten. He used to jump up on the center channel speaker and his claws tore the surrounds on the mid-range drivers and I had to replace them. He also liked the speaker grills on the front L&R speakers and when trying to bat them, did the same number on the mid-bass drivers. All in, I think I paid about $2400 to have them replaced. Vivid Audio drivers ain't cheap. 

The way my room is, I couldn't close it off, but I did put together a cardboard box for the center channel and solved that problem. And I took the speaker grills off the L&R speakers and that solved that. 

I could have gotten upset, but he was just doing what kittens do. It was kind of a pain to pick up the box and move it everytime we wanted to watch video, but you know, 1st world problems. 

Ozzie had a congenital heart issue and we had to put him to sleep 4 months ago - actually 4 months ago today. He only lived to be a little over 4 years old.

He was a great cat and, to be honest, while it is nice not to have to move that box anymore, I'd gladly move it every day for the next 10 years if he was still with us. 

Pets are precious. Audio is just stuff and very replaceable. 

Very well said.