IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 for Windows (Official Thread)

7 hours ago, KlausB said:

@Damian

When looking at the Audirvana support side I have three sources of information: Manual, install guide and this forum.

However, because A+ just has finished its Beta phase and is selling as a product:

Did you ever think of a real bug/problem database like Bugzilla where everyone can search for known problems/bugs and report new ones with a priority level?

I know Bugzilla is mainly for developers but even users may wish to manage such issues especially in the  early phase of a product…

I'm not sure such a developer tool is user friendly enough for most people.

That's why I have my forum on Audirvana.com for all these reports.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

4 minutes ago, KlausB said:

I have a Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro with native DSD support and I make use of its corresponding ASIO driver.

The DAC will show the current operation mode (DSD or PCM together with sample rate and bit depth). The "problem" is: when I play the same DSD file with JRiver in DSD mode there is NO such an elctrical spark two times at the end of the file. However, I would prefer Audirvana+ ?

Can you make a test?

Before the song ends, press pause.

Then, while paused, press stop.

Does it make the same noise ?

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 7:16 PM, doodlepapers said:

Also, the white skin is bugged. You can't see anything written in the "Comment" tag due to the font. Also when you  pull up the tag window, there's a massive white space on the right side.

I've just released 1.2.0 that fixes this white font issue in the metadata (track, album, artist) panels.

I missed the one in "no selected one". Should have read your post before making the release… So it will be in the next one.

This 1.2.0 mainly brings the updated Qobuz curated albums lists, and playlists.

They are also available on A+ Remote that has just been updated to 1.8.1

27 minutes ago, KlausB said:

I just have installed A+ 1.2.0 and then did the test proposed.

My DSD test file has 4:02 minutes playing time. If I run it without any intervention I will get the double plopp just after the song has ended. Pressing pause at time 4:01, i.e., one second before the song will finish, and then pressing the stop button terminates the song without any click/plopp in my loudsprakers!

Hope this information may help...

Absolutely this helps!

This tells the workaround for this DAC (and probably others) is to make a short pause before stopping playback. This'll be in next release.

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 10:25 PM, Screwdriver said:

Might be a bug....

In the small player there is no visual of where the song is in its playback. But sometimes it shows a light blue bar...but it is always the full length. Basically attached is an image showing a song around 50% in with both a bar and no bar.....

Thanks for the report. This is fixed for upcoming release. (That also brings fix for all the pop/cracks when switching to/from DSD in ASIO, along with T+A DAC 8 DSD specific playback issues fixes)

@koupa I have a customer with 360 000+ tracks who has less than 2s response time in worst case.

So let's find out what causes the issue on your system.

What are your PC characteristics? CPU, RAM, system drive (SSD or spinning drive potentially heavily fragmented). Your music files can be stored on external spinning drives, or NAS.

There is no folder browser in the current version, though you can open the play queue, and drop files directly there for playback.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jking said:

Streaming to a BBB with Botic5 without issue.  Can upsample to DSD 256 with low end LGA 1155 I3-3220.  No major issues...  Each update improves the functionality.  

Thinking about upgrading to a used I5.  Is the upsampling multi threaded so it would use the additional cores of an I5?

Yes, it can use up to 2 cores per audio channel, plus one core for the PCM to DSD upsampling.

18 hours ago, tonileung said:

Hi all,

I am using T+A dac8 dsd and looking for a DSD512 upsampling solution. I just downloaded A+ for Win and found it very impressive in terms of upsampling and playback quality! Also the user interface (I tried hqplayer and have been struggling with its interface) and the optional remote control is so nice! Thanks for the great software!

I am very willing to purchase a license, with only one concern. Since my i7 computer is quite noisy during DSD512 upsampling, I wish to place it in another room. And T+A dac8 dsd is supported only with Windows for DSD 512. Could I setup a windows-based computer to serve as "audio device" under A+?

Sorry for my poor English. Thanks!

For this you can use a setup with a DSD512 compatible network player (UPnP/DLNA to USB) hooked to your DAC8 DSD.

There are hardware solutions, or you can build it yourself on a PC.

17 hours ago, shadowlight said:

New user trying out the software but having some stability issues.  The goal is to use it to stream Qobuz and local music to HQPlayer Embedded via UPNP/DLNA.  The local music is stored on a Win 2012R2 server.  All wired connections are plugged into HP enterprise switch.

Setup: Dell Inspirion Laptop with i5 processor (not sure of the exact model but either it is a gen5 or gen6), with 8GB of memory, singled SSD drive with Win 10 Enterprise LTSB 2016 fully patched and all the security software running.  The network connectivity is via wireless on the laptop but everything else is wired.  I will have to try wired connection later in the week.

The symptoms are non-responsive interface and occasional crash.

How do I check if Audirvana has completed scanning of the local music files?  I am wondering if the non-responsive interface is because it is still busy scanning the local music.

The scanning of local music files is shown with the progress bar that is at the top of the window. When there is no more progress bar displayed, then there is no scanning in progress.

Regarding the non-responsive issue, when is this happening? Is it after having performed a specific action?

• 5 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 10:29 AM, Polimich said:

Hi, I'm a new user of audirvana (I currently use jriver) and I have two question:

- Why the library scan and synching  every time that I start the app?

- How can I see the folder structure of library?

Sorry for my bad english.

1. Folder monitoring feature on Windows is unable to tell what has been changed when Audirvana Plus is not launched.

That's why Audirvana Plus makes a quick scan each time it is launched, unless you unselect this option in the Library section of the preferences.

2. There is no tree view, though you can show the file location column in the Tracks view, and then sort by location:

For this, right click on the header row in the tracks list view, then select file location in the menu that appears

In the preferences page, bottom, select file location as first sort criteria

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 10:33 PM, Screwdriver said:

I know they are working on it......Once they do, I will phase out JRiver.....

Working at the moment  on VST 3 plugins host feature :)

3 hours ago, hykhleif said:

Greetings, can I ask , I bought audirivana for my windows 10 alienware 15 r3, and I have an external WD 8 Terra hard drive that I connect to my windows 10 laptop, and audiravan keeps crashing when it scans it . I tired 10 times and no success, while when i installed roon it easily scanned the whole drive. Since I already bought the audirivana I do not want to buy roon just because of this auriravna bug in scanning my external hard drive, please help what to do. To be honest this is a deal breaker for me, and if that does not get resolved I wish to get a refund for buying something that simply can not scan an 8 Terra external hard drive 

There is an issue with some damaged audio files that cause this infinite loop issue.

I've got such a damaged flac file from a user, and having reproduced this issue, I'm now working on a fix.

4 minutes ago, hykhleif said:

can u plz tell me how long this fix will take, as i really am in limo what to do now, as there is no way for me to know which file causes this issue among the big library i have

As usual when reproduced: no more than a day or two.

You can now restart Audirvana Plus to get the update to version 1.2.8 that now simply ignores such damaged FLAC file.

To see all the albums of an artist, you can either use the "Artists" tab when "Library" is selected on the left, or click on an artist name anywhere (as it is also a hyperlink to show the artist's albums).

Damien

18 hours ago, hykhleif said:

greetings

i updated and still the same thing, I attached the dump file so you can look at, could it be that I have malware hidden in my library

AudirvanaPlus.dmp

if its a hidden malware or something how on earth can find it, as I have tons of music folders. I ran antivirus and does not find anything. But how come roon scanned it without a problem at all

Thanks for the minidump file.

This enabled me to find the issue is with a file referenced by a Cue Sheet that has a sample rate of 0.

It is now fixed. I'll issue the update this evening.

FYI, if needed in the future, a fast way to find a culprit file is to search by halving each time: try to sync the first half of your folders. If it fails there, then try with the first half of this first half, otherwise with the first half of the second half, … halving each time the number of tested folders.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 9:14 AM, bodiebill said:

@damien78 Are there any plans to add support for wv (wavpack)? As some of us use wavpack to pack dsd files, this would be very welcome!

May I ask you what is the use case for this instead of using standard DSF or DSDIFF ?

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 3:44 PM, hykhleif said:

as more and more time passes by I keep appreciating audirvana more and more

wishlist:

1- ability to eq

2- crossfeed

Working now on VST3 plugins hosting so you can use the ones you want for these digital signal processing tasks

14 hours ago, rando said:

I see the point of having little players reading compressed DST DSDIFF files. Audirvana Plus already does read them.

I'll eventually look at implementing this though I can't give any date. Won't be in 2018...

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, _JL_ said:

Any chance Deezer can be supported?

Sure. The current issue comes from Deezer that is not willing to open access to anything other than hardware players.

Don't hesitate to tell Deezer their HiFi offer will benefit from being played from Audirvana Plus. In addition, it won't ask them any work to do it, all the integration work is on my side. And I estimate it to be a single week task.

There are two threads that have been initiated by some users on Deezer suggestions forum. Don't hesitate to vote for the Audirvana Plus integration, and be vocal there:

In English: https://en.deezercommunity.com/got-an-idea-9/audirvana-integration-with-deezer-hifi-11916

In French: https://fr.deezercommunity.com/une-suggestion-21/deezer-et-audirvana-plus-16366

13 minutes ago, _JL_ said:

That's disappointing. I'm guessing it could be legal roadblock as opening up HiFi API may require more protection mechanism built-in to keep the record companies happy. 

Their API is similar to other streaming services. The usual getArtist, getAlbum, ... endpoints.

Not sure they would have some specific legal roadblocks that the others I've already integrated (TIDAL, Qobuz, HRA-Streaming) don't have.

10 hours ago, Fleshharrower said:

Hi any news on the VST plug-ins for A+?  I know you hear a lot about this and appreciate how hard the task will be, just know that it would give you this customer.  This is the holy grail of a music streamer for me, I have Roon and the biggest fault that I have with it is that I can't run the Sonarworks Systemwide VST with it in exclusive mode.  I can of course do this in Jriver MC but then I can't stream Tidal through Jriver (at least not easily and not without adding a bunch of steps to the chain which kind of defeats the purpose).  

Wishing you the best and looking forward to seeing how A+ evolves!

I'm working right now on the VST3 plugins use in A+, having done most of the development work for it.

Which VST3 plugins do you have in mind, so I can do some tests with them?

The issue with this one is to reproduce it as it has a rare occurrence.

If you can find a way to reproduce it, I am very interested...

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 8:01 PM, Screwdriver said:

Damien

The only VST I use is FabFilter Para EQ.....

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 6:36 PM, DSD256 said:

Please check dirac live, its at the moment the best room correction as vsti...(imo)

thanks

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 5:57 PM, Fleshharrower said:

Thanks for the quick reply Damien - I'm mainly looking to use the Sonarworks Reference 4 plug-in.  I might try others but that's honestly the one I'd like to be able to run while having the streamer hook to my DAC (Mytek Brooklyn DAC+) in exclusive mode.

@cebolla - Nice, most people don't get the Thomas Covenant ref for my handle :)

It works well with FabFilter:

AudirvanaFabFilter.thumb.jpg.c12f86a73afdcacd8312cee77ef9eeff.jpg

It seems Sonarworks Reference 4 is not available in VST3 format.

This is a shame as Steinberg has made VST2 obsolete and superseded by VST3 5 years ago, and has ended the transitional period last October by removing completely support and SDK for VST2: https://www.steinberg.net/en/newsandevents/news/newsdetail/article/vst-2-coming-to-an-end-4727.html

You may then want to ask Sonarworks when they will release their plugins in the current VST 3 format.

And I'm contact with Dirac for testing Dirac Live VST plugin.

Damien

15 hours ago, Polimich said:

I have the same bug but with windows 10 1803. Audirvana lost the Activation every 2-3 days more or less. 

Do you have virtual machines, cloned installation of your Windows 10 ?

That would then explain why this messes with your computer unique ID identification if you launch Audirvana Plus from two of such cloned copies of Windows.