IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 for Windows (Official Thread)

On 5/21/2019 at 11:41 AM, RafaPolit said:

No reply at all, not from the forums, not from support.

@damien78 hasn't been active for almost 1 week.  Perhaps he is away due to vacation, the requirements of his day job, or family obligations? (It's pretty much a one-man show.) I hope Damien is well!

mQa is dead!

13 minutes ago, Jud said:

I send the Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC DSD512 on Windows, DSD256 on the Mac, via a microRendu with the following upsampling settings:

Bandwidth 99.5% Nyquist

Max Length 100

Anti-aliasing 100%

Phase 100 (linear)

Modulator C

Volume reduction -3 dB

Thanks.  Where are the "Modulator C" and Volume reduction settings in Audirvana Plus for Windows? 

mQa is dead!

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, RafaPolit said:

So, I have been banned from the Audirvana forum.

I mentioned that I am unhappy that my support issues were never answered, that my problems where solved by helpful members of other forums, and that Audirvana support was lacking.

Another member voiced the same complaint and asked for alternatives, I conveyed my experience trying out Roon and said I thought the price difference wasn't much, but that the offered functionality was much broader.

So, the "obvious" approach (from my point of view) would have been to promptly solve my issues, help me get back on track with Audirvana and prove me wrong.

What was Damien's actual approach?  Delete the thread, wipe out any notion of my problems and ban me from the forum.

Of course, it makes sense, why help peolple with their issues, if you can delete the problems and make it look to others that no one is having problems!

Luckily this happened before giving out my money to them.  My Roon trial ends tomorrow, and I will be renewing.

My suggestion: avoid Audirvana as you would the plague in the Middle Ages!  That type of attitude is why I do open source software.  Paid software can be great, but you are the mercy of the developers, which on this case is rude and money-hungry instead of customer oriented.

I thank you guys here as you were much better support than the people making money out of this software,  you should be paid, not him.

best,

Rafa.

I can't be seen with you ☺️

mQa is dead!

15 hours ago, Jud said:

I personally always found the interface for jriver unintuitive, but many people like it a lot. And I prefer the sound of Audirvana.  Different strokes....

With respect to JRiver Media Center, setting up a DNLA server is too complex. The menu structure for setting things up is far more complex than it needs to be. There are too many options (some people like this).  There is an option to use SoX upsampling but it is not configurable.  With the quadrillion setting options available, it's a mystery why the developers did not include and are not planning to include configuration options for SoX. Nonetheless, once you have everything setup, it's just as easy to use as Audirvana Plus for Windows. And it's rock solid, support is better, and the price is more reasonable.

Audirvana Plus for WIndows is an interesting project with a lot of potential. But the software hasn't yet reached an acceptable level of maturity yet but I think it will get there. (However, it's leaps and bounds ahead of Amarra Luxe for Windows.) Holding up progress is the fact that a major version was recently released for the mac and resources are stretched.

Like A+, Roon has an intuitive user interface (the latter has more views). Roon has configurable upsampling (I don't know if it is SoX), direct output to HQPlayer (if needed), and support is good. There is no support for DNLA/UPnP or VST addons like A+ or JRiver. And Roon is a pricey option.

mQa is dead!

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/22/2019 at 3:05 PM, tims said:

I'm not familiar with the macOS version of Audirvana.  Prior to this announcement above, did the macOS version of Audirvana have more features/specs than Audirvana for Windows?

Yes , the macOS version has more features than the Windows version.  The former is a somewhat mature product, while the latter is relatively new.  Once Audirvana 3.5 for Windows comes out, they should be the same for both operating systems.

mQa is dead!

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, bodiebill said:

On the forum, I found this for installing the beta for Windows:

https://audirvana.com/delivery/windows/index.html

However when trying to install the app, nothing happens.

Any idea?

You may have to set the permission in Windows to permit the sideloading of apps.  See https://www.windowscentral.com/how-enable-windows-10-sideload-apps-outside-store.

Also, can you even run apps on Windows Server 2019? (I thought the Microsoft Store was removed from the server software.)

mQa is dead!

8 minutes ago, bodiebill said:

Thanks. I tried that, at least the equivalent for Windows Server 2019, but still nothing happens when hitting the "Get the app" button.

All other apps run well on Server 2019 so far. It is the version with desktop (so not the core version).

Anything on this page help?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/msix/app-installer/troubleshoot-appinstaller-issues

Also, try downloading the app first -- from here:

https://audirvana.com/delivery/windows/AudirvanaSetup.appinstaller

Then try installing by clicking on the file.

mQa is dead!

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, BobSmith8901 said:

lucretius--read your post again on community site...did you go to programs and features to uninstall 1.3.8? If so, did your beta 3.4.912 (or whatever it is, maybe 3.5...) stay installed in your system? If it did, is there some version of Audirvana still in programs and features so that you, theoretically, could uninstall?

What happened is that 1.3.8 automatically upgraded to 1.3.9. Upon starting up 1.3.9, it checked for an installed "3.5" and when finding it, refused to start and displayed a dialog box saying I should uninstall it (1.3.9). See @damien78 post above.

I went to Programs and Features to uninstall 1.3.9. This removed 1.3.9 but did not remove "3.5" (which is currently at 3.4.912 -- this is the latest according to  @damien78). Note that I had 3.4.912 installed before any of this happened.

There is now no versions of Audirvana listed under Programs and Features. This is as it should be, since 3.4.912 is a Windows "universal app". You can see it under Settings -> Apps.

mQa is dead!

• 11 months later...
On 8/23/2020 at 11:59 PM, Screwdriver said:

A bunch of us are posting on the official Audirvana forum about it crashing on Windows at startup. Been going on for months with very little help from the Dev. Been unusable for me going on three months and have tried everything. Ether the dev does not care or doesn't have the skills set to fix it.

Here is the thread.

https://community.audirvana.com/t/audirvana-3-5-37-freezes-at-startup/15602

Audirvana (Windows) 3.5.39 is working for me on:  Windows 10 version 2004, OS build 19041.450, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0.

Nonetheless, I think it's important that @damien78 address the issue that folks are having.

mQa is dead!