IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 for Windows (Official Thread)

On 7/8/2018 at 9:33 PM, Evo-No-Revo said:

I have no need for Audirvana Plus 3 for Windows but decided for the fun of it to download and see how it sounds...  

I hope they get this working better with Windows than JRiver has done with OSX..

Found this thread last night and downloaded the latest version.  Did some poking around on the A+ forum and decided to try an install.  Same as handing over a music file to be critically examined.  Any new program is going to be torn apart before attempting to listen to it.  First impression was how well the iOS mentality ported over without even needing to try this program in that ecosystem.  Upon reading through this thread from the start this morning I can see why others were supportive of the effort.  I did promptly shut down my browser and uninstall it after reading the quoted poster's poison apple experience on his new computer.  Then returned to finish reading.

From an end user standpoint, one effectively split four ways in the phone/tablet and computer market (plus Linux), I could ask anyone of almost any age to pull up and play a given track buried deep in the catalog without concern.  Not always so much with the other audiophile approved W10 player software.  I'm talking about the interface and elegant background problem solving that conspires to show an outward smile (hopefully not the W10 BSOD smiley).  Windows can't hide it's machine-like nature no matter how many skins a program has.

Though this was uninstalled within 12 hours I have no intent to erase the exe.  It is the very fact so much is missing that makes it so attractive.  What does work does so very well.  That this program can retain it's touch of humanity and continue to evolve under Windows is laughable to me.  Going to reinstall this on a laptop with fresh copy of W10 to more fully evaluate whether this is worth the purchase price to me. 

@damien78 Please accept my profuse thanks for bringing such a rarity into the Windows ecosystem.  This could not have been an easy task and you have thus far succeeded.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I know this is [insert descriptor here] to get one program to function.  Wiping out all tags and refreshing them along with creating a new folder the files get copied into might be the solution.  

Edit: See the programmer responded.