IGNORED

How To Cope If Tidal Does Go Under?

I have been wondering the same thing.  So far every music service I have subscribed to has gone under.  Blame me, it is all my fault.  If I had the money, I would buy TIDAL, but I suspect there would have to be some hard choices made, concessions from labels, and higher fees.

No electron left behind.

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

@TubeLover All is not doom and gloom my friend.  I am most definitely in the US and listening to Qobuz, and I am not sure what the person at What HiFi was hearing, but to my ears Qobuz sounds exponentially better than Tidal. Sure, I have identified some gaps in their album coverage compared to Tidal, but I am confident after some conversations with David that it is only a matter of time until we have those, and we as customers can recommend albums/artists/labels/etc and the people at Qobuz have always been responsive and good to work with.

Keep your fancy new speakers, and look forward to a bright future with Qobuz and much better sound quality, as well as true 24/192 streaming with no MQA.

Tidal HiFi is $240 a year.  Right now, Qobuz is 349.99 Euro for Sublime+ / year. 405USD a year, at current exchange rates.  I was paying more than that for 2 Tidal accounts because I was paying for mine and my Dads, now I am paying only for his. I don't see it as too big a price hike, and who knows, they may decide not to do a straight conversion from Euro to USD and instead price it differently here in the US.

I am quoting myself to correct a mistake here, I used Euro instead of Pound Sterling.  The USD equivalent to 349.99 GBP is 455.95USD.  Still less than 2 TIDAL accounts.  1 Family HiFI account on TIDAL is 359.88.

Qobuz allows for offline listening in their app, as well as at the Sublime and Sublime+ levels the purchasing of Hi-Res music at deep discounts compared to standard plans and other Hi-Res providers.

No electron left behind.

7 hours ago, TubeLover said:

Doc, I would love to see Jonatha again live. I immediately pondered firing up the R8 for the trip, and pulled up her tour schedule to see when she would be in you're neck of the woods and discovered its literally only a week away.  I'm just not sure I can pull things together that quickly with some of whats happening at the moment. An already difficult, and serious family matter with an aging parent has suddenly worsened and then, I was told today that my overly demanding insurance company is suddenly threatening to cancel insurance on both of my cars by the 21'st if I don't meet some ridiculous conditions.

Otherwise the idea of catching the  amazing Jonatha live, trying out a Juicy Lucy, and doing a tour of the good driving roads in your area in the company of you and the Porsche along with my R8 sounds would seem like a brilliant idea. :(  I realize Jonatha  won't likely be back for some time, but for the chance to see an area I've never seen and experienced  before, and always wanted to, and do some spirited driving together, I would definitely like a rain check!

JC

That would be fun for sure!  She has been here 3 times over the course of a year.  The likelihood she'll be back is pretty good.  That said, it will be too late for a spirited drive, but Michigan plays Ohio at home in the Big House on November 24th.  I would really like to see that game!

edit: no they don't they play at that school down south everyone hates.  I'll have to pick another.

No electron left behind.