IGNORED

Spotify to pull hateful songs and artists

4 hours ago, cjf said:

No, more like pro first amendment.

There are limits on it already.  You are prohibited from inciting violence for example...

Furthermore, the 1st Amendment only protects your speech from the government.  You have zero rights to free speech on Spotify, other than the protected classes of people.  Which I bet you also don't like...

Just like this website, you have zero rights to free speech here as well.  Chris is the final arbiter of what can and can not be said.

No electron left behind.

That didn't take long.  I don't think I have ever seen anyone called a Nazi not even 10 posts in...

edit: 12 posts in...

edit 2: Is Spotify the Government now?

edit 3: The Nazis Hated.  I was advocating against hate.  Spotify is against hate.  Spotify is saying that they will remove Nazi music (if there is such a thing, I assume there is)

edit 4: final edit:  When the Government starts infringing on peoples free speech rights, then you let me know.  Spotify is free to carry on.  No 1st amendment violations or slippery slopes.

No electron left behind.

Just now, Ralf11 said:

the real point here is that Mr. Hatey doesn't like Capitalism and wants to interfere with a company pursuing its own ideas about what to provide

Mr. Hatey could start his OWN company -- if he was a true conservative

I wonder if he would allow unfettered free speech...  Hmmmmmm

No electron left behind.

1 hour ago, plissken said:

But since that is a subjective measure I don't want you to define it for anyone else. So you ARE the thought police. 

Nazi Germany burned a lot of books using the same types of idealistic logic. 

It is implied right here.

What was my grievous offense? Mentioning that the 1st Amendment does not protect the listeners "right" (as if there is such a thing) to hear whatever music they want on Spotify. 1, the 1st Amendment protects your speech from the Government and short of Spotify discriminating against any protected class of persons they can remove whatever music they want, 2, You as an individual have no "right" to hear anything on Spotify, and 3, You would not be the aggrieved party if Spotify were to remove an artists songs, unless it was your song, and they were removing it to discriminate against you as a member of one of the protected classes.

As I said, when the Government gets in the business of suppressing speech you let me know.  In fact, our own government right now is closer to Nazi Germany than my ideals are, you don't even know what they are.

No electron left behind.

3 minutes ago, plissken said:

Nothing was implied. It's fact that the zeal for banning other speech is one aspect that allowed Hitler and the Nazi party to gain. 

Again I said it's a slippery slope, Spotify can do what ever it wants, and I don't need thought police. I'm quite capable of skipping music I find distasteful. I don't need anyone doing it for me. Go be a goody two shoes somewhere else. You aren't my dad. 

I never said you can't listen to it.  I said Spotify can do whatever the hell they want.

No electron left behind.

5 minutes ago, plissken said:

And all I'm saying is there is a general movement by a subset of the population to start attempting to dictate what is correct and what is not for everyone else. Spotify's moves aren't in a vacuum. AGAIN it's a slippery slope.

Because there are never any bad outcomes from hateful and violent music? I personally would like to do a large study on the listening habits of people incarcerated in prisons for violent crimes, and those of us not incarcerated in prison for violent crimes. I doubt many here listen to Gangsta Rap or have been to prison for violent crimes. I bet we would find some correlation between the two, as well as some correlation between socioeconomic status and types of music liked.

https://www.npr.org/sections/therecord/2018/05/10/610060176/chris-brown-rapper-young-lo-named-in-sexual-assault-suit?utm_medium=RSS&utm_campaign=nprstoriesfromnpr&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20180510

No electron left behind.

4 hours ago, cjf said:

Far to many folks these days throw around the word Nazi/Racism..etc as freely as they would use the words Please and Thank You. This is because they are nothing more then Sheep who are reacting like they rest of the herd they follow with pure emotion rather than actual forethought, facts and knowledge of history. 

My god, what would the rest of the "herd" think of me if I actually thought about what issues like censorship/masking/thought policing and erasing of history actually mean in the bigger picture?

Will they De-Friend me on Facebook?

Will they send me nasty emails and texts?

Will they no longer invite me to the latest march, riot or post war statue removal?

What will happen if they find my old gangsta rap collection and the shotgun left to me by my Grandfather?

except, I called no one a Nazi.  The rest of your screed is just straight up ridiculous.

No electron left behind.

7 hours ago, Priaptor said:

Don't want to start a long drawn out left v. right argument here, BUT, let me just put a couple of things into perspective:

1. "you are prohibited from inciting violence" as not being in the purview of the 1st Amendment is not entirely correct.  It has to meet the standard of "imminent lawless action" So the "speaker" has to be held to that standard.  Just inciting violence is not a violation of the 1st Amendment as we have seen with skinheads, Antifa, BLM, etc. We can debate this all day and I would argue that there is a clear and unambiguous bias against Conservative speech and thought in the media, social media and the entertainment industry.  I can go on, but....

2. "1st Amendment only protects your speech from the Government" is not entirely true. It's a LONG debate, with a host of example and court rulings as to what is and is not ones free speech rights. 

3. "other than the protected classes of people. Which I bet you don't like...." is making an ugly inference that so many of us on the right are really tired of.  Why do you guys literally ALWAYS fall back on that argument?  It's offensive and you are making assumptions and comments about people you have no right to make BUT it's your "1st Amendment Right" to do so.

Well, if you dont like inference in #3, I suggest you do something about your party and/or affiliation with it.

No electron left behind.

21 minutes ago, diecaster said:

You must be on the left....

The people on the right are going to disagree with liberal views and will not be shy telling you so. The difference is that the right is not trying to silence those on the left. 

Absolute bullshit.

No electron left behind.

5 hours ago, Priaptor said:

It’s not “my party” but your pathetic bias and absolute despicable preconceived notion of what a Conservative represents. You should b ashamed of yourself for making these generalizations. 

I'll remember that at the next Tiki Torch Rally.

No electron left behind.

1 hour ago, Snowmonkey said:

Yeah, posting a picture of that damn liberal FDR is adding insult to injury. Perhaps this would be more appropriate:

Oh poor Nixon.  Fucker should be lucky he wasn't rotting away in prison till he died.  Same can be said for a few of the current and previous admins.  But that has nothing to do with Priaptor.

No electron left behind.