IGNORED

Arny Krueger R.I.P

3 hours ago, plissken said:

Never met a subjectivist audiophile that did...

Maybe because he was resolutely belligerent and dogmatic?

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-05-13 at 12:26 AM, Ron Scubadiver said:

When I find blind tests, they tend to support the notion that most electronics sound the same.  

And when I listen, to my system, with my music, in my room, without artificially imposed test parameters, I find that conclusion garbage. 

Kind of fitting that Arnie's farewell thread includes some debate on blind testing. 

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

On 2018-05-19 at 8:41 AM, Ron Scubadiver said:

You might not like it, but that is reality.  Your room, your music and your preconceptions and bias too.  There is someone around here who will tell you gear he has never heard sucks because of its circuit topology.

As I was leaving the grocery store a few days ago, I ran into a wine sampling booth. I drank the little cup they offered without knowing what I was drinking. I asked the price, which I thought was reasonable, so I bought a bottle. We had it with dinner that evening. My wife and I both disliked the wine.

Using your logic, a blind test has more validity than reality. I should accept the test results and continue to buy this plonk. 

3 hours ago, Ron Scubadiver said:

Maybe you got a bad bottle.  Maybe what you tested wasn't what they were selling.  Your unfortunate bottle of wine proves nothing.

The wine was the same bottling and was not spoiled.

DBT and ABX tests are flawed because they involve artificial time pressures, performance anxiety, snatches of unfamiliar music, different gear, different listening room. Saying that an artificial test is better than my long-term listening experiences in my room, with my system and my music is ridiculous. 

You will not change my mind on this, and Arny fans are notoriously inflexible, so I'm done here. See ya 'round.