IGNORED

EtherREGEN: The long development thread. [Some Gen2 dev. pics and update starting on page 92.]

• Superdad changed the title to EtherREGEN: We are getting much closer!!

So there is no 1 gb across the moat.

For those who own or consider Taiko extreme would it be possible 

or adviced to change the flow direction ?

Taiko extreme has SFP optical module for ethernet so it sounds like 

it could make sense to feed the internet signal from a single B side and exit the signal 

Via SFP optical to feed server.

the only downside of this is that the clock on B side is very close to the Ethernet port.

I wish this clock is close to the SFP module .

in other worlds , this is designed with 100 ethernet B side to feed your server, 

the other way Is possible but probably not as optimal as above .

11 minutes ago, Superdad said:

None of the Ethernet chips nor the high-speed ultra-low-jitter flip-flops are fed directly off the XO. Rather they are fed from the jitter-attenuating clock synthesizer, whose four separate outputs are all differential lines—so trace lengths on the board don’t matter.  And the LVDS>single-ended clock buffers are placed extremely close to the Ethernet chips (those have single-ended clock inputs)

This is fantastic news !

thank you .

please excuse us , we are still in the clock era and not in the clock synthesizer times .

And we will not be in the separate outputs differential lines for clock any time soon.

The big exception to this will be ether regen to bring us few ages to the future.

• 1 month later...

Alex and John

I am impressed by amount of work you did to make the ER reality and working as You wanted.

Also thank you for sharing your early general SQ benefit against cisco that is current swich for many of us.

I know it is early to ask for this but some of us are in 1G and few are in 10G networks.

Do you think it is possible to build in near future the 1G to 1G or 10G / 10G across the moat ?

This could be probably done easier with 1G to 1G bacause the A side is already 1G :)

Please be so kind to let us know if this could be done In the future?

I am sure there are many who would love to pay if 1G is available.

• Superdad changed the title to EtherREGEN: We are in final beta; About to enter production!