IGNORED

Good Class D amps ??

22 minutes ago, GeneZ said:

The best sounding systems in my life were some of the worst sounding by today's standard.  What we see often times today in reviews is like telling a depressed person to have happy thoughts and the depression will go away.  A great sounding audio system is 90% how one feels to begin with. One of the symptoms of depression is the inability to enjoy normal things.  Can what is considered a great audio system make a depressed person to not be depressed?  Or,  simply be distracted for a moment in time?

If someone could make me feel 14 again?  I would have absolutely loved many of the systems I have owned. If it can be done for age 12?  Other styles of music would have been fully enjoyable.  

There is a mystery at work when it comes to music enjoyment. Its got to do with how we feel inside to begin with.  The music only finds a welcoming opening to fill. If that opening is not there?  It can be a 100,000 system, and be "meh."

Gene paragraph one is completely wrong but this isn't the time or place to discuss it.

I've owned only a few systems in my life. My the basic parts home and office system have made me happy since 1988. The home system from 1980 to 1988 would still make me happy today with the sound but would be missing digital connections.

Finally paragraph three I disagree with too. Music can always find an opening  into your heart and soul. When doesn't a $100,000 system sound "meh"? If they are good why  wouldn't people would let me play Pet Sounds at the last six shows I've attended?

23 minutes ago, fas42 said:

In my world, the speaker are never wrong for the room :D ... if the sound is 'wrong', then there is a major problem with the playback chain - which is nearly always the electronics.

Glad I'm not in your world. In mine I've never heard a panel speaker that played "Already Gone" by the Eagles properly.

• 7 months later...
2 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

So, you will be reading & driving at the same time?  Post your plate # and vehicle description so I can call the police.

As firedog says, stick to the topic.  I would like everyone to focus on the thread topic (see the title and OP).  That way I don't have to delete posts, and the intolerant resident policeboy can go off on his usual rants.

We trade driving so stop it. 

I’m willing to discuss class d amps anytime. I tested many in the early nineties.