IGNORED

Audiophilia Syndrome

2 hours ago, accwai said:

Actually it's probably not as bad as initially thought. It's been a long time since I had a toddler seat in my car. Thinking back, the good ones are solidly anchored to the car and have their own five point harness for the child. But there's still no way I would drive a toddler around a track in a convertible.

Somewhere in the upper tier of concerns lies front and side curtain airbags.  Of course they could have pulled the fuse or somehow overrode that.  There are still way too many reasons this is not how to foster the next generation.

As this has been a run of videos already I will give forth a window into what drifting is really about.  The cops in major cities with predominately warm weather patterns year round got pretty good at shutting down road racing that depended on illegally blocking off large tracts of city street.  Shuttering yourselves into an inner city parking lot with jersey barriers or just shutting down a rush hour freeway with a sideshow is a much lower risk of arrest high risk behavior.  Observe.

That isn't exactly race track or open street drifting,  It is pretty much what the stigma really being sold around it is centered on.  If you can't stomach old rally footage with spectators getting injured don't click here.  Crazy close to crazy driving with crazy parting going on until the cops show.

KB and his personal brands producing reality tv webshows are great for getting a large crowd in every city to stand around 5 hours to witness 30 minutes of driving on the stadium big screen and 4 hours of some canned personality talking about *product*.   You wouldn't have recognized him in his gold teeth days.  

I'm not advocating anything unsavory by way of seguing from common people testing their skillset on the Ring.  This is where the action is in drifting whether you go to a legal permitted, but still very dodgy, event or park your donk at the curb and walk in.  In other words, not my thing but at least see it for what it is.  Everyone who lacks 200K drift cars, a full team of mechanics, and ability to rent a track for the day mixing in with those that have decent cars.  Very similar to the Ring videos only nothing like that.  :)

Initial-A was always going to be a hard one to sell here.  :)

If any of you have the chance to do a drift skills competition at your local autocross course it will be a blast.  Normally they use balloons or something non-marring to judge how precise your control over the clipping point is.  Eating cones does cause damage.  

Cars seem to be a hot topic lately.  I about put a younger guy on the floor today.  He was all hot on how nice hopping into his own personal autonomous car after a night out drinking would be.  Forgoing the buildup and run in, reminding him his ancestors had just that and it was called a horse that knew its way home had amazing consequences.  

To be fair aerodynamics, ie downforce, are accounted for in modern tire designs.  If it wasn't for that balance of downforce and inertia the car would barrel roll.

In the days of yore you full on slid or kept going straight.  Much as you do in mud or snow/ice.

Being aware the water not very far below your feet is trying to suck you down has as much validity as realizing high salt content is trying to push you up.  If all anyone here was interested in was talking to someone residing in their own pool the clubs portion of the site would actually be active.  ;)

Yet one can say with some confidence he appears to be listening to his power supply,  cables, and headphone speakers breaking in.  Or at least has removed everything unnecessary from his chain so he can hear them work

I'm not personally a headphone listener but he seems to be quite the budding audiophile.