IGNORED

JCAT's $5000 switch

11 hours ago, mansr said:

Waterproof! Round connectors!

Yes, I have an m12 network on my boat. Everything is connected including the engine controls and instrumentation including gps receiver, radar, sonar, AIS and vhf radio.

The round connectors are waterproof and lock in place which is important in salt water environments. The cables look like coax, so must have major shielding around the signal conductors. Most things connect via t-connectors as I have no switch or hub. It's not unlike 10 base 2 coax or thin Ethernet, but has more conducts.

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

23 hours ago, lmitche said:

Yes, I have an m12 network on my boat. Everything is connected including the engine controls and instrumentation including gps receiver, radar, sonar, AIS and vhf radio.

The round connectors are waterproof and lock in place which is important in salt water environments. The cables look like coax, so must have major shielding around the signal conductors. Most things connect via t-connectors as I have no switch or hub. It's not unlike 10 base 2 coax or thin Ethernet, but has more conducts.

This is the one: http//www.raymarine.com/view/?id=3838

My guess is the cable design and connectors have a big impact. I'm tempted to buy another and dissect it. Stay tuned.

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

• 2 weeks later...