IGNORED

JVS Cheerleads an MQA CD..Sis Boom Bah!

5 minutes ago, Spacehound said:

40 years of financial losses tell me how good Meridian  is. And Stuart's previous effort, Lecson,   lasted about two years. The controls, being only attached with sticky tape, fell off,  and the power amp melted.

And for me and Meridian the  UK is the real world. You try and find  many  dealers  that sell them, let alone who has anything in stock. Don't believe their  'dealer' list.

Hi,

From the company accounts, how do you know whether it is financial mismanagement, and not tax reduction techniques ?

I had a Meridian CD player in the 1990's, and used it for 7 years no issue.

Regards,

Shadders.

HI,

Meridian has always been associated with high quality, and advanced system design. As it has been sold to investors who see it as high end, then i cannot see the Meridian name being used for lower priced products.

Not sure if they have the ability to re-enact the Tag-McClaren name as a brand for hifi (maybe not - McClaren may object), but they could easily design high performance systems with an acceptable price tag, and keep some British brand going. They would be competing with Cambridge Audio, or Audiolab - but then, hifi is in decline.

Regards,

Shadders.