IGNORED

Weiss Firewire Medea

No offense ... but wouldn't the time you spent writing this question in an open forum that is NOT related to Weiss (except having Mr Weiss as a visitor and a advertiser) been better spent emailing the same question direct to Weiss - their email address is on their website and they respond promptly in my experience.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

I have no problem with DISCUSSION about Weiss or about DACs in general. I was just suggesting the you would get a quicker / better informed response in asking the people who know, rather than asking generally into the ether.

Unfortunately this forum is rather going downhill with inane questions where information is found easily via Google or other sources, and trollish remarks in the middle of serious discussions.

Eloise

Eloise

---

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

Hi Eloise - There is no such thing as a bad question. Your comments in this thread are what causes a lot of newbies to shy away from posting. Information found via Google has to be created somehow on sites like CA. If nobody asked and answered questions Google would not be of any help.

CA is not a place for only those with a high level of knowledge that understand how to use all tools available on the Internet. This is a laid back site where everyone is welcome. If questions are to inane or to advanced readers should just skip those questions.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

You are right there is no such thing as a bad question. And questions like "what DAC should I buy" or "How do I connect my first system", etc are great. It's good to get newbies in here.

Surely though a question like "Is product X shipping yet" is not really helpful. The OP could VERY easily have visited www.weiss.ch (or typed Weiss Medea into Google if he didn't know Weiss' website), found their email address and he would have found link to (a) Weiss' information email and (b) to his local dealers. Both of which would have given an answer quickly which would also have been useful to others so a post "Weiss Medea FW available" or "Weiss Media FW not yet in the wild" might have been helpful.

"Inane" questions wasn't really a good word for what I was talking about ... it's the ones where there are better places to get an answer - and when I suggested there was a better place to get an answer (albeit in a way which could have been taken as unfriendly - needed some similes) I got my head bitten off!

I will put my hand up to say that I didn't reply in a very good way - but the answer to the question asked to begin is Email Weiss (address is on their website. They are very responsive to questions in my experience. Alternatively there is a list of dealers and distributors who should be able to help you.

Eloise

Eloise

---

I am amazed that a fair question received a inappropriate response and commentary from Eloise.

First of all, Weiss is in Europe. Europe is in a different time zone than the USA. Computer Audiophile has (in the past) been a good source of information for me and for others. Given the fact that Europe is in a time zone where the office of Weiss is likely to be closed I chose to query Computer Audiophile since I felt that any information on the availability of this product would be shared intelligently and, in the event that the item was available and possibly in use by some users on this site, I might be able to follow up with some questions about functionality, etc.

It is unfortunate that Eloise was unresponsive and uncooperative but perhaps if she takes a couple of aspirins and rests for a while she will get over her snit. Hopefully someone out there may yet have some of the information that I requested and, again, hopefully, other visitors to this site will not be deterred from asking questions due to fear of sniping from Eloise or others encountering a temporary hormonal imbalance.

Thanks for the reply Eloise. I was a bit surprised by your response and that's why I chimed in. You are one of the most level-headed readers of CA and I always enjoy your helpful responses. No worries though.

Rocco - Your last jab about "temporary hormonal imbalance" was a bit over the top.

Let's call a truce on this one and search for the answer to the original question. First person to come up with the answer wins. Not sure what you win other than pride :~)

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

At certain times of the year, it seems like patience and tolerance is in somewhat shorter supply...

I can understand where everyone is coming from here, with different motivations and expectations.... and everyone is right, in feeling what they feel.

The difficult part is having enough empathy to understand the motivations of the other person and being able to make allowances without going off the "deep end" with what really are personal attacks, even when they just seem like jokes to the originator.

• 1 year later...

Have you tried contacting Kent Poon / Weiss Asia?

http://www.asiaweiss.com/main/2010/01/asia-weiss-official-website/

Eloise

Eloise

---

@k-man...

I did try to be careful with my wording... Wouldn't want too much of a groundhog day moment...

Eloise

Eloise

---