IGNORED

Article: Audiophile Imagery Volume 1: dCS Network Bridge

Just now, steve21 said:

I started with my phone camera getting photos for gear to sell then went to a Canon 7D to get better photos and now love popping the top on audio gear and using a macro lens to get a small part of the circuit board or control dials. 

Everything  goes into Adobe Lightroom where digital corrections are easy.

My question to you would be if your shooting in analog with that great glass and a Hasselblad, do you then print and scan the photo to get it on the web site? Don't you deprive yourself of photo correction that way, unless your correcting the digital scan, then what's the point other than to try to get the shot right first time with film.

Ah, maybe I was a bit misleading. Most of my photography is analog, but for this column I will mainly shoot digital.

I shot all these digitally. I don't touch them up at all. Everything is straight off the censor.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

2 minutes ago, rando said:

Or at least as close as digital can be.  A topic for other days and places. 

The photos were interesting documentation.  Inconsistent light levels and temperature could use a bit of work.  Get that kid of yours down there with you to hold an umbrella or reflector.  :)

Yeah, this was more of an artistic exercise rather than documentation. I prefer darker images overall. I have all the images at everything from a couple stops under exposed to a couple stops over exposed. 

Thanks for the feedback nonetheless. It's all welcome. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

7 hours ago, Spacehound said:

Great stuff! As a dCS fanboy I was very interested, internally it's very much 'professional instrument grade'. And I've never seen anyone put their advertising slogan, in this case "only the music" on a PC board before.

Why have you got both a Rossini and a bridge in your system?  The Rossini has, in effect, got the bridge inside it., being both a network player and a USB/coax etc.  DAC.

Or is it just for testing  the bridge with non-dCS stuff? 

I’m reviewing both components, but separately. I just placed the NB there for testing.