IGNORED

CD Freezing While Ripping With XLD

I tried to rip the Marvin Gaye/Tammi Terrell The Complete Duets CD using XLD (the cd is brand new with no scratches by the way.) Once I order XLD to decode the disc the first track stops about halfway through on the test run of the rip. Anyone else have this problem ripping a disc using XLD? I am using a samsung external drive with my ibookg4 and the disc rips just fine into iTunes. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

I don't find XLD particularly buggy. I have had a disc get stuck, but very rarely - certainly less than one in a hundred. A restart of the Mac usually sorts that out. If you have the full rip settings including the 'testing before ripping' I would disable that for a start. The secure rip in paranoia is all that is necessary.

Steve

Audirvana Plus/Dirac Live - Weiss 202 - Lavardin IT-15 - Art Emotion Signatures.  DragonFly Red - Sennheiser HD600s & IE800s.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I am having the same problem. Everytime a CD contains an additional "data" track, the ripping process freezes during the last few seconds of the track before the data track. iTunes never has problems with this.

Is there a known cause & cure for this?

Fully Balanced Differential Stereo: Jamo R909 < Emotiva XPA-1 < XLR < Emotiva XSP-1 < Weiss DAC2 < Oyaide d+ FW400/800 < iMac < Synology DS1815+ NAS

Software: Amarra Symphony iRC, XLD, iTunes.

Thanks Chris,

We are preparing the two kid's rooms (now aged 15 and 16) for B&B purposes, so who knows, if you and Misses Chris ever visit Brussels, we are only a 30 minute drive away in the quitest part of Flanders...

Just don't hold your breath! This will take years.

Fully Balanced Differential Stereo: Jamo R909 < Emotiva XPA-1 < XLR < Emotiva XSP-1 < Weiss DAC2 < Oyaide d+ FW400/800 < iMac < Synology DS1815+ NAS

That is when Gent Jazz is happening, also an half hour drive. We discovered Mariza from Portugal this year. Amazing. Never heard of her, we came for top of the bill Gilberto Gil but, though outstanding as he was, Mariza easily trumped him. She has everything what a diva makes a diva. Looks, voice, charm, taste. Brilliant! I was deeply moved.

http://www.mariza.com/

http://www.gentjazz.com/