IGNORED

OT: Share your hobbies beyond being an audiophile

3 hours ago, Bob Stern said:

Since it's out of warranty, I'll add the caveat that these cars are sufficiently complex that you should find a mechanic who works on nothing but BMWs so that he'll know their failure modes and idiosyncrasies. 

I'll second that suggestion.  It will be invaluable in the long run.

No electron left behind.

• 1 year later...

To add to my previous hobbies of track days and otherwise spirited driving, flying which has now become a job, and sailing which I still do for fun, and coffee. I have added cooking with my SO, and noticing how gracefully and beautifully she does everything, which is probably my favorite hobby.

No electron left behind.

I have caught the occasional Nurse at Target perusing the selection of various coffees with great care wondering which one the rest of the Nurses and Drs in the ER will enjoy the most.

We in the Medical profession (and those of us recently out of it) are somewhat serious about our coffee.

No electron left behind.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

Thanks!  It is a 3.2L that has been hot-rodded in various ways.  The car now has about 2x the power as when original.  Soe have gone for more power but as a man of moderation an old car with 9:1 hp:wt seems adequate.

Here is a newer pic - the red was too garish and I discovered the rain hats were heavy so I replaced the thick steel with CF.  Then I discovered the CF could distort allowing dirt into the motor so I added some thin hexcell under them.

engine gray fan CF carb hats MSD box from above.JPG

Still a beaut! I have to take half my interior apart to see the top of my engine... Someday I will have an air-cooled 911, someday...

No electron left behind.