IGNORED

Announcing the next generation: UltraCap LPS-1.2 (Now 5/7/9/12V! ; Now with parallel LT3045 regulators!)

• 3 years later...
45 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

I couldn’t find the user guide on your home page. 
I need to understand how the light sequence ought to be, and what blinking means. 

Hi Andreas:

The User Guides for both the original UltraCap LPS-1 and the UltraCap LPS-1.2 can be found on the Q&A page for those models, here:

https://uptoneaudio.com/pages/ultracap-lps-1-q-a

Removing and reapplying "energizing"/charging power to a UltraCap unit results in a much longer turn-on cycle than if the unit had been sitting unpowered for a while.  That is because it has to fully discharge--so it knows where it is at when it recharges.

As far as LED meaning--after full red>amber>green boot cycle is completed (and for test you should do with nothing attached to the output):

--With load attached, 5 red flashes, then one green flash, then 5 red again--repeating, means that the load exceeds the UltraCap units 1.15A maximum.  

[The green flash in the middle is the unit checking to see if load has reduced. So with a device (perhaps a Rendu) where new application of power begins its own boot-cycle that might not over-draw until partway through, the green LED of the UltraCap might stay on a bit longer--until the device does actually draw more than can be delivered. Such is sometimes confusing for some.]

• 3 months later...
29 minutes ago, acousticmood said:

Can you help?

Happy to assist. Please contact us directly via the Contact Us page on our website. Be sure to include your last name so that we can locate your order in our system.

If by chance you already sent a message in the past 24 hours then you sure to hear back from me shortly. I was out of the office yesterday so playing catch-up with e-Mail today.

Thanks,

—Alex C.

2 hours ago, acousticmood said:

Thanks Alex I left a message on the website and also gave you a call.

have a good weekend - we’ll follow up week

Hi George:

I am a bit concerned since I replied to your e-mail about 5-6 hours prior to your above message.  Please check your SPAM folder.  (Got your voice mail as well, but my e-mail reply was fuller concerning your 4.5 year old unit.) 

You are welcome to telephone again after the weekend--especially if you have not been able to find my e-mail.

Thanks,

ALEX