IGNORED

Tidal running out of Cash?

I hope they can survive! 

I believe Tidal (particularly their Tidal Masters/ MQA) is excellent! 

One thing that constantly surprises me, not ONE person I’ve ever mentioned Tidal to has ever even heard of it before (“normal folks”, obviously not “us” audiophiles)! 

I keep hoping Apple announces its acquired Tidal and iTunes will now have Tidal technology as its backbone or something like this, but I doubt that will ever actually happen!! 

21 minutes ago, Musicophile said:

Why would Apple do that? They could simply switch Apple Music to lossless, but probably don’t see the demand for it. 

Steve Jobs has plans to do it and he was working on it secretly with Neil Young, but he passed away prior to the project ever coming to fruition. Thus far, Apple as shown no signs or interest in moving toward Lossless or MQA / hi-res streaming. I was just stating it would be a “dream” / way for Tidal to be saved. Yet, not something I think would ever be a reality. 

One reason to acquire Tidal vs build their own would be that Tidal already has the Lossless and MQA streaming technology and systems in place, vs. them having to build their own. It also eliminates one competitor, however Tidal at this point is not taking too many users away from Apple or Spotify!