IGNORED

*SOLD* Wyred4Sound PS-1 Linear Power Supply with 3 modules

*SOLD*

I recently picked this up from a forum member but ended up not needing it. This is a really cool device that can power three pieces of equipment at once, and a potential fourth if you order the additional power supply. It is in mint condition with three modules (and cables) included. The modular design allows up to four devices to be powered at once, and they can even be different voltages. The PS-1 has four power zones in back. Each power zone holds a power module. Each power module can be set to one of four voltages (5v, 9v, 12v, 15v) and can power one device. 

I just put this into the Wyred4Sound shopping cart, and shipped to me new would cost $849.90. Selling for $550, includes CONUS shipping and Paypal fees. Sorry, no international sales on this one.

From W4S website:

The modular PS-1 linear power supply is powerful, affordable and modular. Power up to four devices at once—it's the last power supply you'll ever need! 

For DC powered devices, replacing the standard 'wall wart' switching mode power supply with a robust, quiet linear power supply can reap huge sonic benefits. For years, customers who purchased our award-winning "micro" products (Remedy, bLINK, µDAC, Recovery, etc.) have asked us if we also made a linear power supply to increase their performance, but our answer was always an unfortunate "no." No longer! The new PS-1 modular linear power supply is a truly innovative product at an affordable cost.

In the crowded world of linear power supply units, the modular design of the PS-1 is unique. Most power supplies are a fixed voltage and made to power a single product. Some power supplies offer dual (and in the rare instance, more than two) outputs with different voltages. A very rare number of power supplies offer more than one output AND allow the user to select the voltage. Typically, these power supplies are large, heavy and ridiculously expensive. And none, to our knowledge, are truly modular. Enter the PS-1.

-It's modular and user-friendly
The beauty of the new PS-1 starts with an emphasis on real value: it's modular design allows up to four devices to be powered at once, and they can even be different voltages! The PS-1 has four power zones in back. Each power zone holds a power module. Each power module can be set to one of four voltages (5v, 9v, 12v, 15v) and can power one device. To change the voltage, simply slide out the module, move the internal switch to the new voltage, and slide it back in. The front panel's LED display instantly tells you which zone(s) and voltages are in use. Additional power modules can be purchased as needed, ensuring that now and in the future, you won't have to worry about powering your devices.

-It's compact and affordable
The new PS-1 is just 6.25" x 8.25" x 3.25". Additionally, since it is made out of extremely sturdy but lightweight material, most of the weight comes from it's very robust R-core transformer. Compared to other power supplies the size and weight of some amplifiers, the compactness of the PS-1 makes it extremely easy to place and work with. 

-It's awesome
The PS-1 offers real value and innovation. No longer do you need to pay hundreds of dollars (or more) for a power supply that only powers one device. The PS-1's modularity allows it to grow as your system does. Its price, performance level and real flexibility makes the PS-1 the new standard bearer in power supply units!

IMG_6319.JPG

IMG_6320.JPG

IMG_6321.JPG

IMG_6323.JPG

IMG_6324.JPG

Synology DS1515+ >  PS Audio P10 > Innuos Zenith Mk II running Roon Core > IsoRegen/LPS-1 > Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 > Tekton Double Impact Speakers

3 hours ago, guerph said:

Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you PhilR. Good luck with sale!

Thanks! Great unit but it ended up being overkill for my current needs.

Synology DS1515+ >  PS Audio P10 > Innuos Zenith Mk II running Roon Core > IsoRegen/LPS-1 > Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 > Tekton Double Impact Speakers

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, agladstone said:

Does this have 3 of the low power packs? I think each of them can only supply up to 1A each, is that correct? 

Correct, three of the 1amp modules are included with this unit. 

17 hours ago, PhilR said:

Correct, three of the 1amp modules are included with this unit. 

Thanks, that’s what I assumed. Unfortunately very few devices are rated at 1AMP or less (all the USB Reclockers are, the MicroRendu is too, etc), most devices require 2A to 3A and the high current modules from W4S cost $500 each and you can only use one per LPS box, so it suddenly makes this concept very expensive and not very practical. I think W4S had a good idea with this , however if the high current modules were like $200 each and if it could handle 3 or 4 of the high current modules and still cost the same for the base unit, it would be a “winner”, as is I think it isn’t? (Obviously you agree of you would’t be selling it ?)

18 hours ago, agladstone said:

Thanks, that’s what I assumed. Unfortunately very few devices are rated at 1AMP or less (all the USB Reclockers are, the MicroRendu is too, etc), most devices require 2A to 3A and the high current modules from W4S cost $500 each and you can only use one per LPS box, so it suddenly makes this concept very expensive and not very practical. I think W4S had a good idea with this , however if the high current modules were like $200 each and if it could handle 3 or 4 of the high current modules and still cost the same for the base unit, it would be a “winner”, as is I think it isn’t? (Obviously you agree of you would’t be selling it ?)

No, I'm selling because I ended up not needing a multi-LPS option. I was originally going to use the three modules to power an Iso-Regen USB cleaner and two TP-Link boxes needed for optical LAN isolation. Turns out that my network renderer has a built-in LAN isolation transformer, so I'm able to use an existing LPS I have for the Iso-Regen.

I'm sure Wyred 4 Sound could have made a unit that can handle multiple higher amperage modules, but it would probably come at a MUCH higher price point.