Long time Lurker.... just got the beta Q!  After an hour of playing with it, Very impressed, Way more information than Tidal (album notes, etc), and no dreaded dropouts...yet.  Also verified a more extensive catalogue already, with more promised.

I am a dedicated CD guy, since at my age I can’t hear 24 bits, heck FM still sounds good to me😊. So I am streaming from an ipad through an apple express optical out to Oppo 105, marantz PM 8005, to Carrera 2-way speakers (owl over scan speak).  Very nice.

also like than I can buy the download thru the service....easy to spend money!

loving the 21st century

Well, I’ve been wearing the betaQ out.  Late at night I just shift to headphones.  Found ALL Credence Clearwater (not on Tidal).  Also several obscure jazz and classical not on Tidal.  There are a few things the other way, too (Adele 19?).  But on balance given the sheer size of the catalogue, the notes and articles on the music and not a single drop out, I am trying to find a reason to continue the Tidal subscription.

2 hours ago, bobbmd said:

@Hollypoint: i did go to credence on Qobuz Studio-i have a ‘french’ address no USA beta yet even the HiRes albums sound just like i remember their cds sort of harsh and shrill sounding not all of them but some so the streams even in 24/96 or whatever don’t sound that great but i think that is a factor of original recordings/i then went to Deezer Spotify and TIDAL all sound harsh to me but i really like credence so i don’t mind

I think that was the way the tracks were engineered, or maybe just the way the Fogerty’s tuned their guitars😉

3 hours ago, exdmd said:

SQ on Qobuz edges out Tidal for me. Some classical releases on Tidal are not enjoyable due to audible watermarks I do not hear on the same recording on Qobuz. If Tidal did not have some content I enjoy that Qobuz does not I would drop Tidal. Still may.

I’ve been trying to decide if I can tell a difference, too.   (All at 16/44). Bartoli’s newest CD sounded the same to me.  Just critically listened to Maggie Richards (sort of 21st century techo folk) new CD on both, song on Q/ song on T.  I can hear some differences (so can my wife) but can’t decide if we prefer one to the other yet.  Have yet to have a drop out on Q, still occasionally on T.