1 hour ago, exdmd said:

Hey, I got in the US beta test for Qobuz and now maintain a subscription. I am using a five month old Windows 10 Pro laptop with up to date drivers. Even with the latest update of the Qobuz desktop app after about 5-10 minutes sound sometimes starts distorting causing me to restart the app to fix. This is an intermittent problem which I have never experienced streaming with the Tidal desktop app. I am using Audirvana+ to stream Qobuz as it works perfectly, no distortion. Is there a setting in Qobuz I could try altering or is there a Windows 10 known problem I am missing here? My Win 10 Pro is fully up to date on a HP Envy laptop.

Have you asked that question on the Audirvana forum https://audirvana.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=11&sid=8fbc287d52de91a7e8801577351c8655

The Truth Is Out There

• left channel changed the title to Qobuz USA launching soon!
On 1/12/2019 at 10:59 AM, Hollypoint said:

Well, I’ve been wearing the betaQ out.  Late at night I just shift to headphones.  Found ALL Credence Clearwater (not on Tidal).  Also several obscure jazz and classical not on Tidal.  There are a few things the other way, too (Adele 19?).  But on balance given the sheer size of the catalogue, the notes and articles on the music and not a single drop out, I am trying to find a reason to continue the Tidal subscription.

FYI, try  Creedence Clearwater Revival and as they do show up on Tidal.

The Truth Is Out There

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Monty Tide said:

I just started my beta.  The sound quality is impressive but the amount of titles is lacking, such as Joe Jackson’s “Fools”. Hopefully, the amount of titles will increase once the beta is over.

They might not have that LP yet as it was just released this month and its actually called Fool not Fools

R-13087092-1547828807-4515.jpeg.thumb.jpg.2a3af7a054375bd49752f4ee60f64922.jpg

The Truth Is Out There

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2019 at 7:47 PM, left channel said:

Again, silly me for only reading what the product people post here on AS.

I don't think they should launch yet. All the reviews are going to say Qobuz is missing a lot of music. It's estimated that completing agreements with enough labels will take a couple more months.

(Also, different topic, but I'm not on fb much anymore. It feels good.  NY Times: This is Your Brain Off Facebook)

Following Tidals debacle, well it will not please everyone but it could please a lot.

The Truth Is Out There

4 hours ago, left channel said:

I'm quite pleased. I'm just worried about people who have never seen it, and rely on reviews that will say the catalog is not complete. Some will see those reviews a year later and still think they're true. Also the Windows app is not ready.

So far me to.

"Also the Windows app is not ready.", windows app for ???

The Truth Is Out There

2 minutes ago, left channel said:

The Qobuz app for Windows requires some performance improvements. The Qobuz USA product manager has stated that will be the priority in the next major update. But I also hope they don't rush the release just to have it before the US launch. That seldom goes well. 

I've got a windows machine and it seems to be working ok, but I really don;t use my windows machine that much,  the majority of the time I'm using my Lumin and its app and its connectivity to Qobuz.

The Truth Is Out There